Components that needs to be changed : Urgent help needed

sharad9077

Right off the assembly line
I have spare desktop : intel pentium D processor/ 865G intel motherboard /512 mb DDR1 ram / and 2 SATA HDD (1 TB each ) rest config same as normal desktops...

My this computer used only for downloading and browsing(sometimes) only is performing very slow ...

i want to change the motherboard so that may be in future if i consider it for any other CPU can be useful however i want to retain Pentium D for now...

i want to use more ram too...i would consider better one than ddr1 as am thinkin to replace m/b

kindly suggest a good configuration board to be used with same CPU?? i can use this DDR1 ram with other ram's as well ??

estimated budget 8k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Download a software called CPU-Z, install it and run it. Then post the screenshot of the CPU and Motherboard tab here. It will help us to identify the exact model of the CPU and motherboard. Otherwise it is not possible as Pentium D is a series and has several versions.

Minion

Conversation Architect
sarad,since its a very old motherboard and processor combination my suggestion is change motherboard,processor and ram it will cost you same 8,000
here it goes
AMD athlon II x4 640 @ 4.7K
Gigabyte GA 78LMT SP2 @2.7k
corsair 4 gb DDR3 ram @ 1.2k
total:8,600

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ That's a really nice suggestion and my vote goes with it. Truly DDR1 based systems had reached End of life couple of years back and no point to keep them if at your budget you can get a far superior config with 4 GB Ram, a Quad Core Processor and DDR3 ready motherboard.
So +1 for Minion's suggestion.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
sarad,since its a very old motherboard and processor combination my suggestion is change motherboard,processor and ram it will cost you same 8,000
here it goes
AMD athlon II x4 640 @ 4.7K
Gigabyte GA 78LMT SP2 @2.7k
corsair 4 gb DDR3 ram @ 1.2k
total:8,600

Where to get 4gb ram at 1.2k are u serious?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its already available at that price since a few month. local prices too should be morevor less the same. maybe difference if 100 bucks. if local cost more you may order online from flipkart with COD or SMC International.

Top Bottom