Components Suggestions (40-43k rig)

DevilGamer

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming; BF4, Crysis3, NFS rivals. Preferably at 1080p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40k can stretch it to 43k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe In future, only if Budget and Components allow

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7 and Linux (arch, Ubuntu, mint)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: No, I have 500gb 7200rpm drive will use that for now.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, around 20 inches.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: 500gb hard disk

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This coming week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'm planning to do it myself. :)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow, and yes I will be buying locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have planed these components:
AMD Fx 6300
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P
Kingston HyperX 1600mhz (4gb or 8gb as per current price)
ATI R9 270x (sapphire dual x or vapour x or toxic, need suggestions on this)
please suggest case, psu and monitor.

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
AMD Fx 6300 @ 7.2k

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P/DS3 @5.4k

Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 4gb @ 2.6k

Sapphire dual-x/Asus /HIS R9 270x @ 15k

Seasonic s12 ii 520 @ 4.4k

Dell In2030 led @ 6k

Bitfenix Merc Alpha @ 3k

Asus dvd writer @1k

Logitech mk200 @0.7k

OP
DevilGamer

DevilGamer

Broken In
> upgrading the monitor will cost more money.

> Yes, 4 GB ram will be sufficient.

Suggest a FHD monitor, I will see if I can increase my budget a bit.

And what about gigabyte ga-970a-ud3 its just a bit more expensive than ds3/d3p, worth spending a bit more ?

Last edited:
OP
DevilGamer

DevilGamer

Broken In
Do you already own AMD Fx 6300 Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ???

Nope. (OP edited now)

Update: Will go to the market on Tuesday and see what I will get from my old pc.
And will also confirm the price of the suggested components in my city.

OP
DevilGamer

DevilGamer

Broken In
I think AMD will suit my budget and will give me the best performance for that price point. If you have any better options I'll like to know. :) :-D

Prabhu Narayanasamy

Right off the assembly line
Re: Components Suggestions

Hi Techies

I am Planning to assemble a budget Gaming Pc with AMD Processor. "AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320" or AMD "4.1 GHz FM2 A10-Series A10-6800K"

I am in the process of choosing Processor and Motherboard first and then the rest one by one when I have money
Love these 2 Processors. But suggest me which one to go for and best Motherboard within the price range of 7-8K

Help Appreciated

Re: Components Suggestions

Hi Techies

I am Planning to assemble a budget Gaming Pc with AMD Processor. "AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320" or AMD "4.1 GHz FM2 A10-Series A10-6800K"

I am in the process of choosing Processor and Motherboard first and then the rest one by one when I have money
Love these 2 Processors. But suggest me which one to go for and best Motherboard within the price range of 7-8K

Help Appreciated

Better start a new thread and answer the questionnaire (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html).

Top Bottom