Completely wipe out Open Suse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnuBoi

Broken In
I am now fed up with Open Suse and it's yast2 which really really sucks.

I have now have a dual boot system of open suse 11.1 and windows vista home basic in my dell inspiron 1420 laptop. when the thought of wiping out suse came in my mind (though KDE rocks) i went to disk management in vista and deleted all the suse partions which i knew one / and swap. and once i restarted the vista boot failed and i again reinstalled suse it now works but now i want to wipe out suse making vista as before installing suse...

guys plz help me

thanks....

nasweef

Broken In

I have now have a dual boot system of open suse 11.1 and windows vista home basic in my dell inspiron 1420 laptop. when the thought of wiping out suse came in my mind (though KDE rocks) i went to disk management in vista and deleted all the suse partions which i knew one / and swap. and once i restarted the vista boot failed and i again reinstalled suse it now works but now i want to wipe out suse making vista as before installing suse...

guys plz help me

thanks....

This is how it works with XP: Boot with your XP install CD - select the option - repair installation. It goes to command prompt. If there is a admin password u'll have to enter it. Execute the command fixmbr. Reboot the system.

It should be the same way with vista also.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

guys plz help me

thanks....

When u r installing the OPEN suse , u just made the boot loader to the LINUX so when u wipe out the linux nothing boots because boot loader is important for the OS .. try installing the OPEN SUSE again but this time put the boot loader on the VISTA

Flake

Linux User
First of all, remove Boot Loader, GRUB from MBR and then delete SuSe Partitions. Its really easy.

* Boot up from Vista Installation DVD and select Repair your Computer (its below Install Icon). Select Windows Vista -- Command Prompt.
Execute this
Code:
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
Close command prompt window and restart machine.

Or

* Use EasyBCD to reinstall Vista Boot Loader.

Vista will boot up by default on removing GRUB. Delete SuSe partitions now.

OP
G

GnuBoi

Broken In
repair does not work as it doesn't load my vista and asks for hdd driver which i cannot locate...i think i will have to try easyBCD

Flake

Linux User
EasyBCD will definitely sort out your problem.
*download.cnet.com/EasyBCD/3000-2094_4-10684079.html

A

anarchist

you can try windows98 bootable cd, boot from it and give command
fixmbr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom