complete reinstall of regisrty files ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
is there any way of completly reinstalling the windows xp registry files from any source like setup cd(xp cd) or from the web???

saROMan

QA Juggler
well the registry is the most imp part of Xp..it has all the info about the softs installed ...file extensions..handlers..behaviours..etc..in short it is totally integrated in XP ..so u cant reinstall it....also its not a visible part..ie ther is no folder / exe etc named registry.....

so if u have any probs in registry..try some expert softs like TweakNow RegCleaner Pro or regfixer pro etc... but u want to reinsall reg.....so 1 u can uninstall all the apps (all means every MSN , WMP , IE etc) reboot ..then run any reg tool and deleted any unwanted entries ..so that u will get a Empty registry with bare min entries ..and u can install the apps again......

or Reinstall the XP ......

anandk

Distinguished Member
you cant 'reinstal registry', i guess. you will have a present configuration and how would it work then with a difrnt registry. u can 'reinstal' xp.

if you have earlier backed up your registry you could use it though. several utilities are available.

use a registry cleaner to clean up your registry and a compactor for compacting it. that shud keep it in a good condition.

such tools avalbl at www.download.com :)

D

Deleted member 5901

Use Fix registry !!! its freewre !!! i doubt u can reinstall registry ?? YEAH it is possible !!!

If u have save ur REGISTRY FILES when they were in good Condition !!!

Right click on it and click MERGE ITNO REGISTRY OR ADD TO REGISTRY !!!

Cheers !@!

D

Deleted member 5901

u can take expertno.1's advise !!!!

try mine too !!!!!!

Cheers !!!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
Cheers !!!!

Cheers !!!!

Cheers !!!!

Cheers !!!!

Cheers !!!!

i know why u want to reinstal registry

to make your trial 30 day software work again

isn't it ?

saROMan

QA Juggler
[Edited Batty]Link removed .. Post another stupid reply like this and I personally say you Bye Bye :evil:

upendra_gp

In the zone
when u first install xp it stores all your data in a file named "wpa.dbl"in X:{X:\windows\system32\wpa.dbl}where x: is root directory mens where u installed XP
u should copy this file to another directory when you FIRST install XP[Know this file only works with your own PC only!!!!}then when you want to reinstall simply copy this file to its original location that is
X:\windows\system32\
Enjoy Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom