Compiz-Beryl merger:compiz-fusion-arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Compiz-Fusion arrives

A new merged community around Compiz project would be known as Compiz-Fusion, details of the announcement here on Compiz Mailing List.
It is not just a new name, quitely behind the scenes developers have been working hard and have come up with some stunning enhancements.
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1113/575818675_16f8b37af0_m.jpg
Zoom plugin has been almost rewritten by David Reveman with cool new features like select and zoom and panning, Cube has got reflection thanks to great work by Onestone, there is now expo mode that can be used along with Cube.
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/575820351_81a96ecf67_m_d.jpg
Size information upon resizing any window, paint fire on your desktop and other countless useful and no so useful features have been added to plugins. We also got new animation effect “Dodge”, one of my favourite.
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/575672286_834a4c3d0c_m.jpg
Compiz also now has two settings tool, users can easily tweak compiz settings to their liking.
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1421/575830401_e963a0e6a3_m.jpg
Here is hot new name:
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1338/575679264_db7c5365d0_m.jpg
*dev.beryl-project.org/~cyberorg/beryl/36/compiz-fusion-arrives/
earlier announcement from beryl: *blog.beryl-project.org/?p=33
OpenCompositing Forum:
*forums.opencompositing.org/

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Those cube etc animation are of no use. I would rather prefer Ubuntu 7.10 to provide this

1) GPU accelerated UI, everything made using the GPU on screen

2) Shaodws etc under windows & menus like Vista or Mac OS X

3) Zoom or other such effects.

& plz, no woobly windows.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...can I run Beryl in VMWare or LiveCD? I don't have another partition just to try beryl. Is there something like Korora?

vish786

"The Gentleman"
gx_saurav said:
Hmm...can I run Beryl in VMWare or LiveCD? I don't have another partition just to try beryl. Is there something like Korora?
chor kahi ka... ab linux pe ah hi gaya.:D

linux is always tempting.

no u cannot run beryl in virtualisation and knoppix(latest release) has beryl inbuilt in livecd.

@praka123

did u know this the person who coded for compiz is the same person doing coding for beryl. he started beryl project after leaving compiz company.

Last edited:
OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
gx_saurav said:
that u can search at *distrowatch.com

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
vish786 said:
chor kahi ka... ab linux pe ah hi gaya.:D

linux is always tempting.

You should do some research first on why I say no to Linux & why I m not new to it.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
gx_saurav said:

You should do some research first on why I say no to Linux & why I m not new to it.
mene kab kaha ki tu linux ke liye naya hai. i just said its tempting.:D i always pick my statements in appropriate manner. :D

eddie

El mooooo
vish786 said:
did u know this the person who coded for compiz is the same person doing coding for beryl. he started beryl project after leaving compiz company.
She. "Quinn", founder and lead developer of Beryl is a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom