Compaq Presario V3220 AU Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Hi Guys!!! This has really being a long time that I am on Hardware Forum though I was active on Mobile Monsters. So really feeling nice to be back.

Coming to the problem I have a Compaq V3220 AU Laptop with AMD Turion 2 Ghz processor,512 MB RAM and Nvdia Geforce Go 6150 Integrated Graphics. For the past few days the laptop was having starting troubles. On pressing the "ON" button there was no Display though it was making booting sounds. I have to ON/OFF repeatedly and in some attempts I was able to get a display. But now it is completely dead and no matter what display is not coming. Though the LED is glowing, it has even stopped making booting sounds. Is the problem related to Graphics Card or RAM or something else?

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ This is a known issue on all V3000 series laptops. How old is your laptop ? If less than 2 years, then HP will repair it free of charge. 2 years as 1 year is the actually warranty and 1 year additional from HP(free of charge) for this issue on these laptops. I just got mine repaired for free this week.

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
@ Pat Thanks man..My laptop is 1.5 years old.

Had you inquired about the reason for its failure. I mean which part exactly has the problems.And why would they give me free service when the warranty is of 1 year only.

Pat

Beyond Smart
@ Pat Thanks man..My laptop is 1.5 years old.

Had you inquired about the reason for its failure. I mean which part exactly has the problems.And why would they give me free service when the warranty is of 1 year only.

The reason is failure of display chipset on lappy's mobo!

HP offers "service enhancement" on products with known issues! So its like they will repair the lappy free of cost if it develops the issue within 1 (original) + 1 (free,extended) program! So effectively it means HP accepts that it is their fault for making lappy's with such issues!

Read more here and check if your lappy is covered (you need your laptop serial number and Part number from back of your laptop) :
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&docname=c01296338

You need to call customer care, explain the issue, give serial number and part number. They will
a: Confirm if your laptop is covered under this scheme
b. Confirm if your issue can be resolved as a part of warranty enhancement
c. Give you a request number, which you have to take along when you go to HP Service Center.

Last edited:

y2j826

Journeyman
same problem happening to me now a days . . . and was thinking its only happening to me . . .

let me check whether they will repair it for free or not ?

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Thanks Pat. I'll check the serial no. and then let see what happens. Do we need to take copy of Bill to the service station? I don't remember where I kept the bill as 1 year already passed so I thought it was useles.

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I have another problem now. I have submitted my laptop to HP service center but according to them my 24 months extended warranty also ended on 26th Feb 2009. I have submitted my laptop on 27th Feb. But my bill says my extended warranty will be over on 31st may 2009. The service center guys are just bullshitting and though I already send a scanned copy of my bill to them, I am not getting any confirmation that they will service my laptop for free. They are reiterating that invoice will be generated and then I have to pay around ~10 k. Why the hell should I pay? They are just delaying. What should I do?

y2j826

Journeyman
I have another problem now. I have submitted my laptop to HP service center but according to them my 24 months extended warranty also ended on 26th Feb 2009. I have submitted my laptop on 27th Feb. But my bill says my extended warranty will be over on 31st may 2009. The service center guys are just bullshitting and though I already send a scanned copy of my bill to them, I am not getting any confirmation that they will service my laptop for free. They are reiterating that invoice will be generated and then I have to pay around ~10 k. Why the hell should I pay? They are just delaying. What should I do?

dump, that means I have to submit my laptop to service center as soon as possible as even the billing date of my laptop is around 24th of may . . .

gcbeldar

In the zone
First of All thanks to ALL for making me aware of extended warranty.

My Story :

I bought Compaq V3425AU in the month of Nov 07. After 6 months of use, booting problem, heating problem started, sent to service center, and got replaced mb etc. then working fine for few days, same problems started, again sent to service centre for 4 times, got temp relief, in the month of Oct'08, Service Centre person advised to go for Care Pack of 2 years (Warranty Extension). then I paid Rs. 6500 by chq. I got a warranty extension upto Nov'10.

Now, Is my warranty is extended upto Nov'11 ?

Next, Still i am facing the same problem with my notebook.

Since from 4 months I am unable to depend on this notebook, Pls advice.

Shall I write to servicewatch@thinkdigit.com, I am subscriber of Digit Mag.

Battery of my notebook is worst effect by frequest changes of Motherboard & CPU. The notebook heats like a Electric Stove if i use more than 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom