Commerce or PCM?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
As described in title.
Whichever i take i will be taking CS as optional
I suck at Algebra and chemistry(tough to remember the electronic valencies and stuff)
I have got a CGPA of 8 in my 10th board results(GP in Maths was 7)
I feel PCM->Engineering is tough
while Com->MBA is easier

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
First of all telll me what do you wan't to become.
If you want to become a programer you can do Commerce with computer(as a core subject)

So, As you suck in chemistry and alegbra IMO It's better to go for commerce with subjects like Computer and stats or economics or whatever your college offers (Business and Accounts are compulsory)

rst

Youngling
If you want do BCA , MCA (as you want computer as optional subject)
Then maths is important subject (As entrance exam. of MCA in good institute require +2 level maths)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Doesn't commerce rely heavily on mathematics? As far as I know, one needs a keen interest in statistics, probability etc. for commerce. But I guess it isn't compulsory.

Last edited:

rst

Youngling
Yeah
commerce doesnot rely heavily on mathematics.
That why maths is optional subject in commerce stream
--------------------------------------------------------
But commerce with maths will give you much more opportunity in future

Studying commerce requires communication and intellectual skills. Engineering requires nothing!! I don't see any use of algebra and chemistry in engineering if you take cse branch. These all will be over in a semester. And rest is coding.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
while Com->MBA is easier

Nothing is 'easier'. Commerce requires equal amount of efforts as required in science. Often people think that if one was taken commerce, there is no need to study, it is too easy or there is no scope. Subjects in commerce like accounts and economics are not very easy, and require a fair amount of practice.
Don't think you can choose commerce and enjoy all year & study only a night before exams. Efforts are needed everywhere.

funskar

Padawan
Why these guys think that commerce is easier & treats it like a lolipop:evil:

Even selling tea at streets is hard unless a chaiwala give his 100%

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Applied for commerce(with optional IP) in my school(its supposed to be "junior college")

Commerce is easier for me
I'm good at stats/probability
I'm good at English
I'm good at economics
going for PCM would be suicide.I suck horribly at Algebra and Chemistry(realised this in 2nd term of 10th)

Now i'm aiming for IIM.Will work hard this year in Commerce(and in 12th too)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Applied for commerce(with optional IP) in my school(its supposed to be "junior college")
Good for you. :) :thumbs:

No 'probability' in commerce(except in mathematics). Not saw atleast till now.

I'm good at English
I doubt.
:p Just kidding

I'm good at economics
Although economics in 11th is similar to X's, it changes in XII. Will not stay easy(that again, depends on you).

Don't aim for IIM yet. Aim for good marks in 11th and 12th first.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Commerce is easier for me
I'm good at English
I'm good at economics
going for PCM would be suicide.I suck horribly at Algebra and Chemistry(realised this in 2nd term of 10th)

Just listen in class(esp Accounts and stats) and you can easily score 90+ :).
Btw is it state board or CBSE?

Same here I am aiming for IIM-B/ISB or if i can go to us-MIT,Harvard

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Some tips on how to score good in A/C,Business,stats
For Accounts
Go through the FORMAT of all the sums, understand it work out atleast 5 sums per chapter, once your good with it, you will not be tensed during exams and will ace accounts

Business:
Just BYHEART It,Write in your own words in business it's sadly more you write more you score :|

Stats:
Just write all forumlae and you will be able to do the sums easily

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Some tips on how to score good in A/C,Business,stats
For Accounts
Go through the FORMAT of all the sums, understand it work out atleast 5 sums per chapter, once your good with it, you will not be tensed during exams and will ace accounts
*you're
Also, 5 questions per chapter? I would say 2 per topic. Another thing, concepts matter in accounts. Everything is related to what you have studied earlier in accounts, so pay attention to everything. Don't skip anything. :)

Serpy, thanks for the tips. Might be useful for me too. :) :thumbs:

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
*you're
Also, 5 questions per chapter? I would say 2 per topic. Another thing, concepts matter in accounts. Everything is related to what you have studied earlier in accounts, so pay attention to everything. Don't skip anything. :)

Serpy, thanks for the tips. Might be useful for me too. :) :thumbs:

:shock: I always thought you to be PCM/Engineer guy

Top Bottom