Combo Drive refuses to stay closed! Pls Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepnitr

Right off the assembly line
I am new to this forum. I am experiencing strange problem. My combo drive tray just doesn't stay closed. Once in, it again comes out in seconds.(with or without cd or dvd whatever.) Please help anyone! Please.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Whats your make ? Samsung ?

Ask any local hardware technician to replace the tray belt. Your problem will be solved.

phatratt

In the zone
1)check if the eject button is jammed.
2)CHeck for viruses tooo!!!!there are mischevious programs which can make cd-rom to eject at will.
3)Do you push the tray manually by hand instead of using eject button which can cause mis-alignment.

OP
D

deepnitr

Thanks. Here is the details.

Thanks for all the quick suggestion. But the problem still persists. Here is some more detail which may help you to give proper advice.
The drive is SAMSUNG CD-RW/DVD ROM drive.
I am 100% sure it is no virus or spyware. (I tested on different computers.)
The problem persists even if ONLY the power cable is connected.
I remember sometimes closing the drive by pushing the tray.(sorry)
The drive , even now, reads cd and dvd occassionally after a few retries to keep the tray temporarily in.

Hope all u friends will save me.
Thanks.
Will be online all night at this forum.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Its is not a software problem. This is a complaint for a whole shipment of Samsung Optical Drives. The problem is due to the loosening of tray belt. Once it get replaced, your problem will be solved. Me and a lot my friends had the same problem, and has rectified by changing the belt.

cheers to samsung!! i have something just opposite to the above mentioned problem... my CD-RW drive refuses to open...

well neway i was just explaining the performance of Samsung drives, no need to reply to my problem, i have my own method to solve it...i use a safety pin every time to open it.

I think samsung people shud supply the same, (lets call it "drive pin") with their drives.

OP
D

deepnitr

Just doing what u people say.

I am just going to have the belt replaced. Will let u know in few hours. thanks

OP
D

deepnitr

Belt is OK they say..

A technician saw the drive and examined the belt to be tight and working.But he has no soln. Said to buy a new drive. Can I expect any more help?

mohit sharma

Journeyman
cheers to samsung!! i have something just opposite to the above mentioned problem... my CD-RW drive refuses to open...
well neway i was just explaining the performance of Samsung drives, no need to reply to my problem, i have my own method to solve it...i use a safety pin every time to open it.
I think samsung people shud supply the same, (lets call it "drive pin") with their drives.

well that's what we can call universal property of samsung's drives !!!!

Tech&ME

Banned
Add me in, I also have the same problem sometimes with my CD-RW/DVD combo drive. So, this is a known issue with Samsung drives.

And thanks for informing the cause of the problem, I will also look into it.

qtfan1

I have a Sony CD-RW/DVD ROM drive in my Compaq laptop and am facing the same problem. The virus and spyware check is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom