combo drive problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akitosforever

Broken In
I got this newly launched dvd combo drive frm sony,recently I had a samsung writer and it gave me problems,but the sony combo solved my problem,but while reading data frm cd it is extremely slow and sometimes fails to even copy files while installing stuff,I need know r there any bios settings that can be configured 4 improving my performance of reading speed and other ways the thing can be configured .How can I know the reading speed of my drive

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- have u tried changing ide cables ?
- enable dma for both devices in device manager -> primary ide controller -> enable for both
- check under device manager if u still have ur old drive listed under cdrom/dvd . remove the ones u r not using
- which os are u using ?? and antivirus . try setting ur antivirus program to check in real time setting recommended files instead of all files

senthilrek

Broken In
If you are using nero then there is a in bulit option for checking the drives speed. Further there are many freewares for chechkingthe speed of the drives. For this problem try using the lens cleaner. And i dont think there are options in BIOS to increase the efficieny of a CD-Writer.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well mate the sony drives always seem to have problems with reading disc's especially scratched one's.Sony's lens always is very delicate and tends to hang up or stop reading the discs.Try cleaning the lens with a good lens cleaner and try using less scatched Disc's....There are as such no Bios settings for improvement but try The DMA (Direct Memory Access) setting to imrpove some amount of drive performance.To test ur drive speed try the nero Cd-Dvd Drive Speed utility follow this link *www.cdspeed2000.com/ This may help ya :D

OP
A

akitosforever

Broken In
my being the

my being the combo drive of sony was set to reading speed of 40x but i pressed the eject button 4 3 seconds continuously and the speed was set to 52x.I dont know whether this is applicable to other brands than sony

For more help reagrding pc probs join tech-arena.com forums,i got mine frm there.Its a wonderful place come and see 4 ur self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom