Status
Not open for further replies.

bendre123

Broken In
hi friends
i have sony combo drive.
it detect cd-Rom,DVD but
It can not read CD-RW.
whenever i insert CD-RW in drive, my pc does not detect it.
please help me to rectify this problem
thanks
santosh

jaya

Broken In
combo drive problem

The problem is in your drive's 'eye' or drive's board. Replace or repair the drive.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: combo drive problem

jaya said:
The problem is in your drive's 'eye' or drive's board. Replace or repair the drive.

Can you elaborate what is a drive's "eye"? Are you referring to the head?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
the eye probly means the lens of the drive

Check ur drive manual for compatiblity with +\- RW (not sure bout =\- and stuff)

Do all RWs dont work ?
Try with others , mebbe its a media compatiblity issue...

Tech&ME

Banned
QwertyManiac said:
the eye probly means the lens of the drive

Check ur drive manual for compatiblity with +\- RW (not sure bout =\- and stuff)

Do all RWs dont work ?
Try with others , mebbe its a media compatiblity issue...

Well there could be some many reasons for this problem. Lets look at it.

First you need to tell us this:

Q 1. : Does this happens only when you insert BLANK CD- RW media ?

Q 2 : Does this happens only when you insert already recorded CD-RW media ? Where was the media recorded and which Burning software used?

To narrow down the problem please provide us with the above info.

Suggestions :

If your answer to the second question above is YES. Then it could be compatibility issue. Sometimes it so happens that if the media was written using some other brand of Drive and say Roxio was used instead of NERO and your drive came with NERO, then it becomes difficult for the drive to understand the media and thus it refuses to read, because your drive is optimised to understand NERO writen disk. (but this is not a case always just in few cases say when the disk was not verified after buring by Roxio for example.)

If your answer to the first question is YES. The media you are trying to use is not compatible with your Drive. Change media brand or Speed.

OP
B

bendre123

Broken In
hey "tech&me"
earlier my drive use to detect CD-RW
but now it doesn't.
i try two to three CD-RW in my drive,
but it fail to detect any of it
i dont know why
pls help me

Tech&ME

Banned
bendre123 said:
hey "tech&me"
earlier my drive use to detect CD-RW
but now it doesn't.
i try two to three CD-RW in my drive,
but it fail to detect any of it
i dont know why
pls help me

Ok you can try this:

Get a CD LENS CLEANER CD from the market. Buy any branded CD lens cleaner will work, and try to get the WET TYPE, that is, it should come with a little bottle of liquid with it.

This should work - 90%

How to use:

1. Open the packaging and pour a drop of liquid that came with it on the brush and then Insert this CD on your CD Rom Drive and let it do the cleaning. ( Windows Media Player may start automatically and play some songs, let it play that)

IF the above procedure does not work, you don't have much options left. You will have to through this drive away and get a new one.
since, you are going to through it away anyway)(assumtion), you have one more option left to try.

Go to the manufacturers website and downloand a firmware update file and then try to update the firmware.

How to do it :

Here is a complete tutorial from our digit forum member JAK

IMPORTANT NOTE: I shall not be held responsible if the Firmware update fries your CD Rom drive, do it on your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom