Combo drive does not burn at the max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD17

Journeyman
Hey guys,
i bought a new combo drive a few days ago [samsung SH-M522C] ... it supports speeds of 52/32/52+16 Accordingly, i should be able to burn discs at 52X and rewrite at 32X (if the discs i'm writing on to support that speed). Well, i can't. Atleast not with my drive. I used CDs of various brands which said that they could be burned at 52X.. but my combo wouldnt burn them at any speed higher than 32X. Whats more is that the same CDs did get burned by my other re-writer (SW-252B) at 52X. My combo doesnt burn RWs at speeds any higher than 4X either.
anyone has any clue why?

I

invisible

VD17 said:
Hey guys,
i bought a new combo drive a few days ago [samsung SH-M522C] ... it supports speeds of 52/32/52+16 Accordingly, i should be able to burn discs at 52X and rewrite at 32X (if the discs i'm writing on to support that speed). Well, i can't. Atleast not with my drive. I used CDs of various brands which said that they could be burned at 52X.. but my combo wouldnt burn them at any speed higher than 32X. Whats more is that the same CDs did get burned by my other re-writer (SW-252B) at 52X. My combo doesnt burn RWs at speeds any higher than 4X either.
anyone has any clue why?
check whether DMA mode is enabled or not!

OP
VD17

VD17

Journeyman
I checked it with Nero.. the Max speed that it is showing is 52 X but when i insert a CD to burn, it shows only til 32X. Whereas the same CD, when inserted in my other burner, gets burned at 52X.
DMA mode is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom