Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
@Disc_Junkie:
Dude i dont think ur frends studied even a little in Kota, 'coz u dont at least fail in any thing in XII-th after u study a little bit.
true. infact ive heard that cybercafes have mushroomed all over kota and students who are easily distracted spend the entire day there. further some of them even drop a year just to continue with the fun....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

kota is only for those who are very determined, and have a very good understanding of opportunity cost.:|:|

abhijangda

Padawan
FIITJEE Sucks :sad:
All they do is pay the topper money and ask him to say that He is a student of FIITJEE
The teachers are not much experienced and the Infrastructure sucks.

Have you seen what bags they gave?
Surely not worth more than Rs. 150
Oh Mr. Aspire about which FIITJEE you are talking about hmm....
I m a student of FIITJE punjabi bagh in delhi and i bet that the teachers available their are the best of all the teachers present in punabi bagh just try to talk with some of them you will got to know how much experienced they are. Also yes FIITJEE's bag what they are providing aren't good, but if you r really aiming for IIT then bag doesn't matter buy your own. Also think twice about anything you write. :evil:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
@above - i was in fiitjee mumbai for 2 years. now that i look back i can definitely say, it was a near total waste of time. they had three profs, for three subjects. who would each teach a-z of their subject (how can a teacher know everthing about a subject??). a couple of them were very inexperienced, and unprofessional.

i remember once the physics prof (currently in fiitjee delhi), vanished without a trace for a week. the maths prof who was also the over-all incharge, too was clueless about the former's whereabouts. finally the physics prof's dad called him up to inform that his son was at Vishnodevi. all of us students were like LOLWTF/ROFLCOPTER!!!

the maths prof himself was a psycho (i mean it)(now in fiitjee hyd i think). we were 25 guys and 4 gals, and out of this he severely thrashed 3 guys in front of the whole class for various reasons (one guy was hooking up with a girl after class, one was just too lazy to do anything at all, while a third who was both bright and hardworking and finally got 1100AIR in iitjee (after he left fiitjee for someother classes) but was against attending the yoga classes that fiitjee conducted every morning)

the chemistry prof would just blurt out notes and not be able give a proper explanation many a times.

the only reason i call it a "near total waste of time" is because the yoga classes were very beneficial for me. but as a whole at the end of 2 yrs all i got was 53k AIR in AIEEE.

i had to drop a year, and change classes, before i could clear IITJEE the following year.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
I didn't know FIIT-JEE had Yoga classes... that's strange for a coaching institute. Was it a hostel?

Anyway yeah my experiences with coaching was crap too (with Brilliant Tutorials). The Physics teacher spoke with an accent which we couldn't make a head or tail with. Chemistry guy gave no explanation, (was replaced subsequently twice and each one was bad), but the Maths one was phenomenonal, best teacher I ever have been taught. He was for unknown reasons replaced by a not-so good enough teacher, then came back and then replaced again.
Heck I left going to the coaching classes for the last 6-7 months of the 2year program. I had enough of it. To add insult, I ended up with ~60K rank in AIEEE, cleared no entrance and now stuck in a mediocre college after an immensel frustrating year.
None of my friends cleared any entrance attemps too in the first year. Most people I know dropped a year. :|
One of my friends got ~ 27K rank in AIEEE, even after rigrous coaching from class X, and other got above 1L rank.

Both of them dropped a year unlike me in Kota, one of them (who got 27K last year) has got ~4K rank in IIT-JEE and ~5K rank in AIEEE after dedicated attempt. The other one I am not sure about, but he hasn't cleared IIT-JEE nor got a good rank in AIEEE, last thing I heard about him going IPU Entrance (quite a mediocre univ. to end up after dropping a year).
I guess sometimes you regret NOT dropping a year to attempt again like me, or you could regret dropping like my second friend, or even end up in good state in a good college after dropping.
Sometimes I regret taking Science in the firs place. :|
Start getting tensed up for your future now guys. Life's not easy after class X. :(

Rural Terror

Broken In
It's basically all your hard work.

Coaching is just for creating some extra stimulus. You'll have to come home and revise everything what you studied at the coaching center and even that isn't enough. Determination and hard work should be 100% if you want to get through.

Basically, I'm a type of student, who can comfortably understand what the teacher is teaching @ the center even if he isn't good at explaining things.

and yea, those who'll attempt IIT-JEE, leave the forum like I've done now. :p

niaaaaaa :p

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^ ^ ^
I didn't know FIIT-JEE had Yoga classes... that's strange for a coaching institute. Was it a hostel?
it was their Pinnacle Integrated School Program.
they have a tie up with Thakur College in Kandivili Mumbai. (quite a few TDians are alumni of that college)
it was part of their attempt to promote themselves as an all round institute. the yoga teacher was a middle aged guy, with several diplomas in yoga. but they stopped paying him fees after a year, so i guess he too quit. :grin:
few ppl were from far of places, stayed at the hostel of thakur college, but the vast majority stayed in and around kandivali.

s_arka_r

Broken In
^^
Isnt this ironical to this (see down)?

yaar, check ur english.
what i said below was not discouraging in any sense. it's a reality which i observed during my years in Kota.

In any case, Liverpoolfan, ours are two different viewpoints i guess.
I like to take things easy.

true. infact ive heard that cybercafes have mushroomed all over kota and students who are easily distracted spend the entire day there. further some of them even drop a year just to continue with the fun....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

kota is only for those who are very determined, and have a very good understanding of opportunity cost.:|:|

its true, there is a place with a 2km radius where u can find about 10 cyber-cafes.
I knew both sorts of people in Kota. I knew an extraordinary intelligent guy whose career went to the dogs 'coz of the Cyber-Cafes

Last edited:

Aspire

Padawan
its true, there is a place with a 2km radius where u can find about 10 cyber-cafes.
I knew both sorts of people in Kota. I knew an extraordinary intelligent guy whose career went to the dogs 'coz of the Cyber-Cafes

I belive that going to Kota is no use at all becuase:
>> Feeling of Homesickness in most students
>> Lack of parental control
>> No CBSE preparation
>> Cyber Cafess!!!!!!

abhijangda

Padawan
@above - i was in fiitjee mumbai for 2 years. now that i look back i can definitely say, it was a near total waste of time. they had three profs, for three subjects. who would each teach a-z of their subject (how can a teacher know everthing about a subject??). a couple of them were very inexperienced, and unprofessional.

i remember once the physics prof (currently in fiitjee delhi), vanished without a trace for a week. the maths prof who was also the over-all incharge, too was clueless about the former's whereabouts. finally the physics prof's dad called him up to inform that his son was at Vishnodevi. all of us students were like LOLWTF/ROFLCOPTER!!!

the maths prof himself was a psycho (i mean it)(now in fiitjee hyd i think). we were 25 guys and 4 gals, and out of this he severely thrashed 3 guys in front of the whole class for various reasons (one guy was hooking up with a girl after class, one was just too lazy to do anything at all, while a third who was both bright and hardworking and finally got 1100AIR in iitjee (after he left fiitjee for someother classes) but was against attending the yoga classes that fiitjee conducted every morning)

the chemistry prof would just blurt out notes and not be able give a proper explanation many a times.

the only reason i call it a "near total waste of time" is because the yoga classes were very beneficial for me. but as a whole at the end of 2 yrs all i got was 53k AIR in AIEEE.

i had to drop a year, and change classes, before i could clear IITJEE the following year.

Hey can you tell me the name of that physics professor in Mumbai was it AKS(in short form).He has taught me for 1 yr and he taught us a very good mechanics but in the end of the session he just become counsellor. Also i didn't know about fiitjee mumbai but about punjabi bagh, Delhi it's just good. Also everyone has different experience. BTW will you give IIT paper in 2010.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
:arrow:
Hey can you tell me the name of that physics professor in Mumbai was it AKS(in short form).He has taught me for 1 yr and he taught us a very good mechanics but in the end of the session he just become counsellor. Also i didn't know about fiitjee mumbai but about punjabi bagh, Delhi it's just good. Also everyone has different experience. BTW will you give IIT paper in 2010.
not sure abt the K, but yes AS....he got married recently. small world eh?

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
But here's the most important thing, and something everyone forget's about.

What do you want to study in IIT? Just some course? Okay maybe Computer Science. But why? Ask yourself these questions and if you get proper answers, then you are ready.

And IIT isn't the ULTIMATE destination. YOU can become Bill Gates w/o going to an IIT. Some people would take any course just because they are getting it from IIT. But the thing is YOU HAVE TO STUDY WHAT YOU LIKE, because that's what you are gonna be doing for the rest of your life. So MAKE THE DECISION WISELY!

Aspire

Padawan
But here's the most important thing, and something everyone forget's about.

What do you want to study in IIT? Just some course? Okay maybe Computer Science. But why? Ask yourself these questions and if you get proper answers, then you are ready.

And IIT isn't the ULTIMATE destination. YOU can become Bill Gates w/o going to an IIT. Some people would take any course just because they are getting it from IIT. But the thing is YOU HAVE TO STUDY WHAT YOU LIKE, because that's what you are gonna be doing for the rest of your life. So MAKE THE DECISION WISELY!

I'm preparing for IIT, AIEEE, SAT and TOEFL :smile:
So that wherever i get admission to my choice of stream i choose it.

s_arka_r

Broken In
@ Aspire:

dude don't say going to Kota is useless, thousands go there and go to some IIT from der.
Bansal had a selection of arnd 2k dis yr.

@ comp@ddict:
sum ppl wud disagree wid u i guess.
Its rather easy for us to say :" follow the dream" n stuff lyk dat, but lyf's tuff. But in the end, as u said we need to take every decision very wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom