CNBC Is Ridiculous: Macs Come With Photoshop, PCs Need $600 Extra to 'Perform As Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Regular people are probably confused by the re-inflamed Mac vs. PC ad war, which now focuses on price. Never fear, CNBC's Jim Goldman breaks down the true cost of PCs. Wait, Macs come with Photoshop?

According to CNBC's Silicon Valley Bureau Chief, PCs need the following things to "perform as well as a Mac": $50 a year for anti-virus software, $104 multimedia software, $100 music software, $140 "Photoshop—you get that with Apple" and $129 for a Geek Squad visit. Over $600 worth of extra stuff. Oh, and Macs get 4x the battery life, have faster processors and a higher resolution screen.

Um. What? Last time I checked, you can get pretty decent antivirus software for free, my MacBook Pro didn't come with Photoshop, and iTunes was free on OS X and Windows. For multimedia, you've got Windows Media Center, which is also pretty free. And Picasa—hey, it's free too—isn't a bad alternative to iPhoto. Okay, you might have to spend money on video editing software, since MovieMaker ain't so hot. But you know what? A lot of the stuff MobileMe charges you $100 a year to get, Windows Live provides for free, like SkyDrive's 25GB of storage. I would also like to meet this mythical Mac with an all-day battery, since we sure haven't seen it.

Look, there are some valid reasons to pick a Mac over a PC, just like there are valid reasons to pick a PC over a Mac. But you shouldn't smear blatant horseshit all over them, especially when it's already confusing enough for regular people, your audience, Mr. CNBC Silicon Valley Bureau Chief.

gizmodo

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Re: CNBC Is Ridiculous: Macs Come With Photoshop, PCs Need $600 Extra to 'Perform As

Mac sales are falling, people dun wanna buy costlier macs, this is a new market strategy that's all.

Re: CNBC Is Ridiculous: Macs Come With Photoshop, PCs Need $600 Extra to 'Perform As

Lolz, Windows PCs are anyday better than Macs for me. Reason: WinPCs can GAME! AND they have apps for all pro use. Anything else ? Yes. Windows does not refuse to install in VirtualBox on a GNU/Linux Rig unlike Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom