CMOS Time setup issues even after battery replacement!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Friends, I do have another Desktop-PC setup with :--->
Screenshot_1.png

Problem is after I do a fresh boot(not Reboot) say 1 day or few hours after,the POST screen displays CMOS checksum Bad,Setup Date/Time Press F1 to enter BIOS, Or F2 to continue...
I had already replaced the CMOS battery with a new Maxell Lithium CR2032(3V) button cell/battery.

But problem still persists.:thinking_NF::dizzy_NF::sick_NF::angry_NF:

Please Help,Friends.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re-Flash bios. If it does not solve try the usual like dismounting, clean up, check components but this a very sure sign of motherboard going bad.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Re-Flash bios. If it does not solve try the usual like dismounting, clean up, check components but this a very sure sign of motherboard going bad.
On the contrary, [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] it is a brand new Motherboard bought few days ago from Vedant Computer Sales Pvt. Ltd, Chandni Chowk,Kolkata.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

try with another CMOS battery and if the problem still persists then ask for RMA of mobo
In fact it seems what @topgear suggested and commented is true + correct.
The mobo may be bad,even if its a new one.

I am starting for the procedures of RMA-ing the mobo.
Thanks @Zangetsu for your advise.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Well,friends problem was with CMOS battery itself. In fact I bought new ones from Chandni,but it seems to be fake.
I ordered for a fresh set of CMOS button cells through eBay,and when I attached one the issue seems to have gone.
But definitely I cleared CMOS settings through jumper and reflashed the BIOS.
Every thing of this PC is running fully normal and O.K.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Vedant Computers - Shop online for computer hardwares, laptops, accessories etc

Top Bottom