anarchy0x

In the zone
So I f*cked up big time, bought an i5 about 3-4 months back but I just left the cabinet open and now there's dust accumulated everywhere. I have a blower, would that be the best way to clean my computer?

tkin

Back to school!!
Put the blower on lowest setting and blow from a distance, don't blow too hard or too close, you may damage something. After blowing for the first time, use a brush(paint brush with soft bristles) to dislodge any dust stuck to the surface of the mobo, and then blow again, rinse and repeat a few times. Use the brush to clean dust stuck to cpu heatsink, but be gentle.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^^ I have been using a vacuum's blower for a long time now. No issues until now.

@OP: Make sure the fans dont move when you are air blowing the system.

^^ I have been using a vacuum's blower for a long time now. No issues until now.

@OP: Make sure the fans dont move when you are air blowing the system.

That's similar to saying that I've being using cheapo PSU from 2 years and it has been working good.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
That's similar to saying that I've being using cheapo PSU from 2 years and it has been working good.

lol. Thats a good example.

Difference being, i am yet to hear of anyone having damaged their components due to vacuum blower static charge. On the other hand, cheap psu problems are widespread.

tkin

Back to school!!
I can vouch for vacuum cleaner, eureka forbes, used for a long time, never any issues.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Using Vacuum since 8 years now not a single problem till now, used on three generation of personal computer
But make sure you don't get too close to the aligned component, it may be consumed by the vacuum, use the lowest setting possible,
Use it as a spray gun....short pulses not continuous.....
And use a paint brush and you are good to go...!
I also use the blower end of the vacuum for cleaning....but i don't recommend this to anybody who hasn't used it before.

louisgarcia

Broken In
If you blow with a safe distance then no issue.

Remember don't blow continuously, it may cause damage components due to continuous hot air.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i use a thick paint brush to loosen the dust and use the vacuum on low power suction mode.

try to avoid the blower mode. dust may get into tiny places.

tkin

Back to school!!
Can the users who use the vacuum cleaner or blower suggest me a good one for cleaning the PC ?
Eureka forbes, get the handheld model: Euroclean Bravo
Due to its small size and low power its ideal for cleaning PC, but will also work elsewhere.

Top Bottom