abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Anyone played Civilization V? It's release recently and going by the reviews it is one of the best games of the year. Gamespot gave ~ 9/10 and Editor's Choice.

Discuss everything related to Civilization V here.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I am getting it today. When i played Civ4 three years ago, I didn't understood a thing. Lets hope that I've improved a bit and understand Civ5.

Piyush

Lanaya
thanks bro for making this thread
i'm a big fan of CIV series

however i started this series with CIV 3 gold edition
now i'm looking forward to CIV 5

much heard about it
seen images,trailers,read reviews from different sites

one thing is for sure...this game is gonna be epic

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Got Civ 5 Today. Played for an hour. It is really awesome and the interface is sleek. I never thought that I will feel this much at home. All it took was couple of mins of training in Tutorial mode.

Any one else playing?

Piyush

Lanaya
Got Civ 5 Today. Played for an hour. It is really awesome and the interface is sleek. I never thought that I will feel this much at home. All it took was couple of mins of training in Tutorial mode.

Any one else playing?

awww mannnnnn.....
i really wanna play this game
i'm not able to get one here around

even the * ahem ahem * copy is not available

how is the A.I.?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Woot.. Just completed the game by time with Rome. The game was fantastic. And i was playing in easier mode, so.. i completed the game at the early levels(some wehre around Radio technology invention). And i know that i didn't even scratched the surface of this game. Will play with England tomorrow. This time, in higher difficulty mode.

Piyush

Lanaya
Woot.. Just completed the game by time with Rome. The game was fantastic. And i was playing in easier mode, so.. i completed the game at the early levels(some wehre around Radio technology invention). And i know that i didn't even scratched the surface of this game. Will play with England tomorrow. This time, in higher difficulty mode.

if u really wanna taste this game then start with custom settings with all victories turned OFF except CONQUEST/DOMINATION and u'll love it

time based victory is the most boring of them all

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
That will not happen. I'm ready even to surrender one of my towns instead of declaring a war. That china bad ass women intimidated me so many even though she is way more behind me in Eras. And she didn't even agreed to generous proposals I was making. And the Sub-cites were always asking for favors and gave nothing in return.I just want to play the game in a Diplomatic way. Though I may try war rampage for one game just for a change.

Piyush

Lanaya
That will not happen. I'm ready even to surrender one of my towns instead of declaring a war. That china bad ass women intimidated me so many even though she is way more behind me in Eras. And she didn't even agreed to generous proposals I was making. And the Sub-cites were always asking for favors and gave nothing in return.I just want to play the game in a Diplomatic way. Though I may try war rampage for one game just for a change.

hehehe...good for you
well i dunno anything about AI
i heard that its better and more aggressive than CIV 4
so i can expect it to be more challenging than previous one

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Started with Egypt on Prince difficulty, Continent style map, 8 major players, Quick pace.
Victorious after about 320+ turns on reaching 2050AD. All research completed. Completed all parts for getting the Science victory. Eliminated all nations except the capital of a single nation (intentionally). :-D

Had a horrible defeat taking India, don't take it if you have conquest in mind. The unhappiness keeps on mounting.

Take Egypt and go for Pyramids asap. Now watch your workers on the fly.
Soon you'll be watching nuclear subs firing at caravels or Robots squashing pikemen :))

Piyush

Lanaya
hey i almost forgot to ask u guys one thing?
how is the "world builder" in this game?
does it have more options than the previous one?

and one more thing.....does any one knows that when will be the fall from heaven mod released?

Rahim

Married!
I just loved Civilisation series but didn't had the time to reach advance stages.
AoE was my favourite.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Queen Elizabeth is one pain in the ass. She keeps making fun of me in one way or the other, taking advantage of my diplomatic ruling. Thou, heart less b!tch!

I'm not your city-state, stupid woman.

*i53.tinypic.com/2zo9no1.jpg

If you call me Barbarian one more time... Thee will kick Thou ass

*i52.tinypic.com/rbk0vt.jpg

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
she just declared a war against me. And, i just defended my city. After the death of 7 units.. she made a peace agreement.. offered me lot of luxury goods, money.

Now.. something really strange happened..

*i54.tinypic.com/m73nnp.jpg

yea.. gandhi declared a war against me. I helped him a lot when he was facing difficulties initially.. supplied Fur, Gems, Ivory. Made open border agreements with him, Technology agreements too. All of a sudden this happened.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^man!!
and i though spiritual leaders dont start war as a surprise(there are a few exceptions though)

Top Bottom