vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ yup, same was with me. Started at 10Am, before I even realized it was dinner time. I was like... "just one more turn. I will close the game then" all the time.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Civilization V discussions

Hello,

I created this thread to discuss everything related to Civ 5, one of my favourite games. Instead of shooting around and killing everything on sight, this game actually requires some strategy and tactics and planning like chess to defeat the AI. The AI is very smart. You can discuss your tips, strategies, etc. I updated the game with all the latest patches, etc.

For the last couple of months I have been trying and trying to beat the AI on Prince difficulty but I am unable. I am unable to strike the right balance between army development and city defense, gold, culture and diplomacy. It is usually in the middle game that I realize I cannot win this.

Anyone has some tips and strategies to share?

CivFanatics, BTW is a very good site for civ resources.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Installing the game. Don't know where this takes me.

Last time I was playing this game.. I was away from the home. In a hostel. No damn was given when I was playing this game non stop for hours. Every day. Now.. I'm in home. Lets see if the old attitude of 'Just One more move, before I go to bed' for the next 100 moves returns or not.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Anyone having problem of game getting stuck after pressing next turn button and recovering when its our time to act. Shall i owe this to my igp?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
My PC will stuck for a brief time.. when i hit next step. Depending on the number of opponents and small cities, the time increases.processor bottleneck, I guess. Because.. there are too many AI threads running. From what I read, Each civilization will have 4 individual AI threads running and tracking all your respective moves. So, couple that with the number of civilizations. you must have a good processor to pull off every move without getting stuck when you are in heat of a battle with multiple nations.

Piyush

Lanaya
Anyone having problem of game getting stuck after pressing next turn button and recovering when its our time to act. Shall i owe this to my igp?

stuck for how many seconds?
its normal for 2-3 seconds if you are playing on
-->huge map
-->10+ civs
-->14+ city states
-->tutorial level:beginner

F

FilledVoid

I'm a huge Strategy game fan and Ive played Civ 4 quite alot. Have to get Civ 5 though. Although the youtube videos sort of looked like it was more of an RTS than a turn based game?

If there's any other game other than these kind that I like its chess.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
They just fine tuned the elements and introduced some newthing. It is still a hardcore TBS at it's heart. But, to be frank, I found Civ4 a bit more enjoyable.

@piyush,

My game setup is not even close to what you have mentioned. But when I am deep into the game. Like after ~200moves, the game momentarily pauses no mater what (quite often, if not always). Might be some engine limitation. Might be my processor bottleneck.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
stuck for how many seconds?
its normal for 2-3 seconds if you are playing on
-->huge map
-->10+ civs
-->14+ city states
-->tutorial level:beginner

now since yesterday the game is becoming unresponsive during next turn. sometimes the problem solves by itself, it becomes responsive and sometimes windows notification appears to close the programme :cry:

Top Bottom