Chnage OS Language in Win Xp Pro.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
I got a laptop whose default OS language is CHINESE..I need to change the OS langauge to English.
Kindly suggest me possible ways. I tried Googling but was useless. Downloading MUI and changing setting from Regional & Lan didnot worked..

Thnks in Adv

Tech&ME

Banned
Ok

First give the details of your Laptop.

Second which OS is installed, eg: Windows XP, Windows 7 etc.

This will enable us to help you better.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
**** How Idiot i Can be..I forgot to give the basic details..

Laptop NEC VERSA P8000
Operating Sytem Windows XP

I tried to make a clean installation of windows XP (Duplicate, English Version)...It didnot boot and in MY Computer it showed EMPTY.

Tech&ME

Banned
hmmmm..... so this is your laptop : here

Do the following :

Step 1: Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

Step 2: Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

Step 3: Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Step 4: Re-Start your laptop.

If in case you do not see ENGLISH as an option there, you will need to download it.

Please tell me if this trick works or not first.

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
No dude...I tried that...Look wht i did

Installed MUI of English, Chinese....Both of them did not work...Got Error " Langauge Error"

I changed the registry of Default Language / Install Langauge from ....to Enlish Langauge code. Restarted PC

Installed the English MUI. It got installed...

English (US) got displayed in the Regional and Langauge Tab. I chose that But nothing Happen...

Initially English ( US) was displayed in Chinese Language...

Bro what is your Facebuk ID? Mine is Ronak Agrawal | Facebook
I ll glad if you could assist me iva chat

Vignesh B

Youngling
Setting the language does not change the language of Windows menus and dialogs, but it does allow you to display text in other languages and to enter text in other languages. To put it simply, changing the language does not change the language of the menus and dialogs of Windows or Windows applications like Internet Explorer. Sadly changing the language of Windows only is not possible in the "normal" versions of Windows XP, only in the multilingunal version.
Read more here.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Setting the language does not change the language of Windows menus and dialogs, but it does allow you to display text in other languages and to enter text in other languages. To put it simply, changing the language does not change the language of the menus and dialogs of Windows or Windows applications like Internet Explorer. Sadly changing the language of Windows only is not possible in the "normal" versions of Windows XP, only in the multilingunal version.
Read more here.

Yeah dude u are correct. I got that info Yesterday while googling..
I installed MUI packs of Chinese and English..But was of no use...

The Chinese Laptop is not deteching My Windows XP ( Duplicate CD , English Version ) Cd and marks as blank cd? What shall I Do? Isnt there any way to convert the langauge with a fresh installation?

One more thing Long Ago I heard Some CD Drives accept Original CDs only and shows blank with duplicate... How true it is?

Tech&ME

Banned
No dude...I tried that...Look wht i did

Installed MUI of English, Chinese....Both of them did not work...Got Error " Langauge Error"

I changed the registry of Default Language / Install Langauge from ....to Enlish Langauge code. Restarted PC

Installed the English MUI. It got installed...

English (US) got displayed in the Regional and Langauge Tab. I chose that But nothing Happen...

Initially English ( US) was displayed in Chinese Language...

Bro what is your Facebuk ID? Mine is Ronak Agrawal | Facebook
I ll glad if you could assist me iva chat

Yeah dude u are correct. I got that info Yesterday while googling..
I installed MUI packs of Chinese and English..But was of no use...

The Chinese Laptop is not deteching My Windows XP ( Duplicate CD , English Version ) Cd and marks as blank cd? What shall I Do? Isnt there any way to convert the langauge with a fresh installation?

Ron,

Did I asked you to install any MUI.

If you are so smart, why don't you find the answer yourself instead of wasting time of Forum Members here.

One more thing Long Ago I heard Some CD Drives accept Original CDs only and shows blank with duplicate... How true it is?

Now that's one of the Dumbest thing I have ever heard..... :-D :grin: GOD!!!! Almighty!!

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Ron,

Did I asked you to install any MUI.

If you are so smart, why don't you find the answer yourself instead of wasting time of Forum Members here.

Now that's one of the Dumbest thing I have ever heard..... :-D :grin: GOD!!!! Almighty!!

Brother dont take me wrong and i tried that before posting this thread...
I tried to google the soln and there in some forum they said to install MUI...

Cant anything be done now?

Tech&ME

Banned
Look!

I don't care what other forums are suggesting.

1. MUI is completely different thing dude. And you just cannot download and install it out of the box.

2. You will need the Original CD to install MUI.

3. Now its all over, so just leave with it.

4. Try to install Ubuntu 11.04 on it and that's a much better alternative for you. OR

5. If you still want Windows XP, try to download trial of it from MS site and install it. OR

6. Get windows 7 CD and install .

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Look!

I don't care what other forums are suggesting.

1. MUI is completely different thing dude. And you just cannot download and install it out of the box.

2. You will need the Original CD to install MUI.

3. Now its all over, so just leave with it.

4. Try to install Ubuntu 11.04 on it and that's a much better alternative for you. OR

5. If you still want Windows XP, try to download trial of it from MS site and install it. OR

6. Get windows 7 CD and install .

What worse can be than this...:(...
I want to install Windows XP Only but since you say Its of no use than its not worth of trying.

Between Bro can you provide a tutorial for this....I want to learn how to solve this problem..

And in the first post you need to Download English...What u were refering too?

Tech&ME

Banned
OK

But do you understand Chinese ?

What the hell made you to buy that ugly laptop in the first place.

Ahh! Ok!

IF you would like to have a CLEAN windows XP ENGLISH on it.

First tell me the following:

1. Can you put your windows XP CD and Run it ?

2. Can you put some other CDs and Run them ?

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
OK

But do you understand Chinese ?

What the hell made you to buy that ugly laptop in the first place.

Ahh! Ok!

IF you would like to have a CLEAN windows XP ENGLISH on it.

First tell me the following:

1. Can you put your windows XP CD and Run it ?

2. Can you put some other CDs and Run them ?

I did not buy that laptop..It belongs to my friend. He just bought a new one and asked to me to change the OS Language of this one. Though the laptop is 6 years Old. It is fast and is in good condition.

No i m unable to put my CD. Its shows BLANK.
Yeah When i try other CD. It works.

Tech&ME

Banned
No i m unable to put my CD. Its shows BLANK.

What do you mean by this ?

Have you tried to BOOT from the Windows XP CD (English CD) or you are just putting it when the chinese Windows XP is running ?

Clarify ?

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
What do you mean by this ?

Have you tried to BOOT from the Windows XP CD (English CD) or you are just putting it when the chinese Windows XP is running ?

Clarify ?

No i m not able to boot the Windows XP Cd and while running Windows XP it shows blank.
I m planin to format by setting up a Network between my Laptop (Win 7) and this Chinese PC..Shall I do this? Between I have never tried formating the hard disk via Network....( Jsut Saw d option in the format menu , i m a newbie)

Tech&ME

Banned
No i m not able to boot the Windows XP Cd and while running Windows XP it shows blank.
I m planin to format by setting up a Network between my Laptop (Win 7) and this Chinese PC..Shall I do this? Between I have never tried formating the hard disk via Network....( Jsut Saw d option in the format menu , i m a newbie)

Don't you have any other Windows XP CD ?

What ERROR are you getting when you try to boot with that CD ?

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
It doesnot boot....Tried from Several CD...
I m making a bootable pendrive meanwhile.

Top Bottom