.chm files. Can they be "uncompiled"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I downloaded a 5MB .chm file and it isn't working :evil: :cry: It gives me an error that simply reads "Cannot open the file myfile.chm". :roll:

.chm files are after all a collection of HTML files. Is there a way to extract individual HTML files from .chm files?

praka123

left this forum longback
:D Affenity for .chm files most probably shows the users interest in warez e-books in .chm :wink: me wrong?

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
ramprasad and emanym, than you. I will try these out.

prakash kerala said:
:D Affenity for .chm files most probably shows the users interest in warez e-books in .chm :wink: me wrong?

:roll: I wonder why people butt in with useless comments :roll: :evil: Anyway, thats a baseless assumption that its warez e-book :evil: And even if it is, how's anyone else concerned? :roll:

Dipen01

Youngling
Leave Emoticons aside..

Well i have bunch of HTML files.. and i want to combine them and as said earlier i can combine them to 1 i.e in chm format..

But i have no idea of any softwares which converts HTML to chm....
Any ideas people..??

tuXian

In the zone
emanym said:
One way to decompile .chm file is by "HTML Help Workshop" that is shipped with M$ Visual Studio.

I don't know whether HTM2CHM can do it or not ?

Dunno if it decompiles but I used it to compile htm to chm. So Dipen01 vall ur htm files can be made into chm using HTML Help Workshop.

Dipen01

Youngling
Thanx Tuxian...D/led it..yet to try.. will let u know after trying..

BTW any other competitors..

Padikkal

Broken In
:) for decompiling and compiling the visual chm decompiler can be used.

*www.wekasoft.com/download.htm

If it is set of html files it can be converted to pdf using adobe acrobat.

I downloaded a 5MB .chm file and it isn't working It gives me an error that simply reads "Cannot open the file myfile.chm

It seems this chm file cannot be opened with decompilers, the file is corrupted.

Padikkal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom