Chinese or branded ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

roni roxy

Broken In
Well there are a variety of chinese mobiles available in the market which have tons of features and are available at very low prices. The features provide in these phones are like touch screen, 2 cameras,dual sim,tv etc . The branded companies charge a lot for the features :arrow::confused: .

Now i want to buy a phone which has a large touchscree,good music,vedio playback,fm,good looks,support wireless enhancements like Motorola S9 and is around 12k.:arrow::confused:

I am confused between the motorokr e6 and the chinese variety. The chinese models are so appealing.Please help ! :arrow: :confused:

Also if you have any other variety in mind with these features please do suggest.:confused:

Last edited:

napster007

Padawan
its different if ur budget is low like upto 5k or so then one might consider the chinese phones. but since ur spending a handsome amount of 12k i suggest you go and get the rokr E6. You will be at peace once you know you have a branded phone!

cooldip10

In the zone
Well If you like taking risks then go for Chinese.. But if you don't get a branded.

A short real life incident: My friend got a super-cool TV mobile for just 8K.. Then sound quality was nice though. But as he went on he found many problems:
(i)The phone had two cameras (front/back) :Front one was of ~2 MP and the regular one was a VGA. Big Crap...
(ii)The TV didn't catch any channel when inside any building.
Many more..

So If your luck favours everytime... you may try it.

azzu

AJJU
its different if ur budget is low like upto 5k or so then one might consider the chinese phones. but since ur spending a handsome amount of 12k i suggest you go and get the rokr E6. You will be at peace once you know you have a branded phone!
man he is spending his valuable 12k he may want his money spent in right gadget

on ur point main poster all say chineese mobs r crap coz it says 2 mp cam but its worse than 1.3 and slowest UI ever no software additions nor games and PC connectivity VIA wire is worst i think u got my answer

OP
roni roxy

roni roxy

Broken In
ZCT is a good chinese company.The following are the link to one of the models that looks appealing.The first one is on ebay and the other one is a youtube video :

1. *cgi.ebay.in/DUAL-SIM-CARD-3-5-PDA-...yZ159234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. *www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4jCCz_azA

Hows that ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I got a chinese phone for 6k last week
*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=9x0p1zjqdgj&thumb=4
It has a very large nd avg quality touch screen and a VERY loud speaker. The battery back is simply superb with its 2200 mAh battery.
Got another batter free as spare. And the phone is ultra fast.

But it has got only a VGA cam no providers dun have its GPRS setings. The build quality seems average, dun know how long it wud last.
The TV function works in outdoors, but very poor signal indoors. The network signal strength seems ok and comparable to most branded phones.
It takes just 2~3 min for bootup and it supports twin sims.

If u are really low on budget like 5k, then its worth considering. Otherwise get branded one.

ChrisTom

Right off the assembly line
The problem with most chinese phones is the software/usability. You can end up with annoying or missing routines to operate your phone, for me that´s not worth it.

cooldip10

In the zone
I got a chinese phone for 6k last week
*www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=9x0p1zjqdgj&thumb=4
It has a very large nd avg quality touch screen and a VERY loud speaker. The battery back is simply superb with its 2200 mAh battery.
Got another batter free as spare. And the phone is ultra fast.

But it has got only a VGA cam no providers dun have its GPRS setings. The build quality seems average, dun know how long it wud last.
The TV function works in outdoors, but very poor signal indoors. The network signal strength seems ok and comparable to most branded phones.
It takes just 2~3 min for bootup and it supports twin sims.

If u are really low on budget like 5k, then its worth considering. Otherwise get branded one.

Hey Man Can you pm me your model no. and company...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It is CECT and model is somewhat like MT 7227.
U can see the pics is u have an orkut account
*www.orkut.com/Album.aspx?uid=11549297293797277037&aid=1208429246

OP
roni roxy

roni roxy

Broken In
Guys i m going for the motorokr E6..
But my cousin who has a modest budget of around 6k wants a mobile with touchscreen,dual camera(never mind the megapixel),avg qualty audio playback , vedio playback and expandable memory. Since he does not intend to use the phone for more tha 8 months and is also not interested in installing any other third party softwares, i suggested him the ZTC E86 (*www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4jCCz_azA) .But the main problem is that he wants the phone to support bluetooth stereo headsets like the motorola s9.. Will this model have A2DP support for the s9.Or are there any alternative phone with the same features....:arrow: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom