Chinese Millionaire replaces village huts with luxury apartments for free

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
A millionaire Chinese businessman has bulldozed the wooden huts and muddy roads where he grew up - and built luxury homes for the people who lived there.
Xiong Shuihua was born in Xiongkeng village in the city of Xinyu, southern China and said that his family had always been well looked after and supported by residents in his childhood.
So when the 54-year-old ended up making millions in the steel industry he decided to repay the favour - for free.

He said: 'I earned more money than I knew what to do with, and I didn't want to forget my roots.
'I always pay my debts, and wanted to make sure the people who helped me when I was younger and my family were paid back.'

Chinese businessman builds luxury flats for his old village for free  | Daily Mail Online

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If every millionaire man who "earned more than they knew how to spend" starts thinking about their roots, this world be so much better. But alas, that doesn't happen.
So kudos to the guy who thought about his past.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
'keep with yourself what and how much you need for your own necessities, and share the extra that you've been endowed with, with the needy.' - the act of the gentleman, a selfless & unpretentious example of the teaching.
the nature of the villagers is also extraordinary. truly, whatever good is left in this world, most of it is in the rural & simple parts of the planet.

Top Bottom