Cheers to GX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations gx. Bahut badhai ho tere liye.
Are you getting paid for this ?

Now I am waiting for an article "Using Fedora Linux: The CLE Way" from someone else :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ho to gaya publish? :confused:
Are you getting paid for this ?
No, he isn't, because that isn't an article and he wasn't asked by Digit to write it. It's a forum post that was good enough to be featured in the magazine. Congratulations to him for that! :)

I hope digit would publish my Article in the magazine some day.
There's no polite way to say this so I'm just going to be frank: that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

If my experience with Digit has taught me anything, it's that they really look for quality work. They're crappy when it comes to paying you your money, but they sure make you work hard for it.

Since writing for Digit, I've moved on to publications that have even stricter quality requirements, but at the time I'd written for Digit, I had to suffer serious humiliation for going wayward with the quality of one of the chapters I'd authored. The entire thing was rejected and I had to re-do it from scratch. In retrospect though, I'm glad that I did.

So yeah, considering the quality of your language skills, I don't think you're going to get an opportunity to write for any publication that takes itself seriously in the near future. It has improved significantly in recent times, but you still have a long way to go. Anyone why knowingly spells “customer” as “customar” has some major issues.

Fix them, and then we'll talk.

Congratulations, again!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't want to start a flame war but I don't like someone comparing me to them either.

There's no polite way to say this so I'm just going to be frank: that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

If my experience with Digit has taught me anything, it's that they really look for quality work. They're crappy when it comes to paying you your money, but they sure make you work hard for it.

Money isn't a problem, I earn a lot by my "Real Job" anyway, recognition is what matters.

I am not an avid writer either, I just write once in a while depending on my requirement or something I am working on. Like this Article I wrote was due to the fact that I had to give a Friend girl an easy to use guide for Windows Vista so I decided to modify it a little & publish it here. This even got acclaims from Microsoft India on my recent MVP Summit in Delhi.

Since writing for Digit, I've moved on to publications that have even stricter quality requirements, but at the time I'd written for Digit, I had to suffer serious humiliation for going wayward with the quality of one of the chapters I'd authored. The entire thing was rejected and I had to re-do it from scratch. In retrospect though, I'm glad that I did.

Congratulations, now stop interfering in my thread with your things or comparison.....it is mine mine mine :D

So yeah, considering the quality of your language skills, I don't think you're going to get an opportunity to write for any publication that takes itself seriously in the near future. It has improved significantly in recent times, but you still have a long way to go. Anyone why knowingly spells “customer” as “customar” has some major issues.

Fix them, and then we'll talk.

Lolz....talk to you, seriously I doubt that. Someone who says EFI was in development since 1991 & came to Mac platform first or that Windows Cannot boot from USB drives has some major issues.

About my language skills, oh well...I confess, I am more of talker then Writer. It has seriously helped me from not being a geek, sitting on the computer, writing about things people already know but instead a very very good flirt. ( My track record = No sandles in 6 years since I started flirting :D).

Boy, seriously, I don't even want to be a writer so what should I talk to you about?

don't mean to start an arguement here, but let me tell one thing strait to you guys:

@ saurav: Your article is not really article, so don't get too cocky, but it is a beginner's guide, and an excellent one too. Keep up the good job, but please don't call it an aritcle.

@ayyush: I have seen your articles, and most of them are too pompus for words. You glorify apple, and often tweak facts. Also, your level of experience with stuff like linux, which you criticize, seems too little and all in all, I think it appears dumb to a person who is sceptic. It lacks convincing power against certain kinds of people. I remember the countless iPhone reviews you used to publish. Although a huge majority of your mistakes are correctable with little or no effort, till you do that, I advice you to stop criticising saurav.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
haan bhai haan, go shoot each other :x seriously wtf is wrong with all u guys, every thread there is a fight going on :x

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i just wrote this article, that's it, didn't even expected it or intended it to be published in a magazine.

neocon

Right off the assembly line
Hey brother Saurav :)

Congratulations to you and wish a lot of greater success. May you write for the biggest publications and journals.

Hi Arayayush
You are what people call a party pooper:(. Cant stand the good of/in anybody and will spare no chance in spoiling the joyous mood and leaving a bitter aftertaste

i just wrote this article, that's it, didn't even expected it or intended it to be published in a magazine.
I know, I know. Forget it. Its history. Forgive and forget.
Hey brother Saurav :)

Congratulations to you and wish a lot of greater success. May you write for the biggest publications and journals.

Hi Arayayush
You are what people call a party pooper:(. Cant stand the good of/in anybody and will spare no chance in spoiling the joyous mood and leaving a bitter aftertaste
I see that you are not new to this forum. But you have little experience here. We people fight a lot, but we are still friends and forget these arguements once a new topic comes up. Saurav and I used to have heated windos vs linux debates till last year. Now we got bored of it. So anyway, fights happen. Lets just forget it now.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yeah, I don't fight anymore unless there are cheerleaders included & some betting money :D.

Arya is just a kid off the block, who I don't think has any respect for seniors. He will learn with mistakes, they always do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom