cheapest way of stocking large amount of multimedia

abhijeet2021

Broken In
Hi

My Multimedia exceeds those of 2tb. Mostly consists of hd series and movies.

Now my prob is i need some cheap way of storing the ones which me or my friends might see like once a while.
Have almost removed all unwanted stuffs.

I think i might have to go for dvds backup. Any good offers for cheap dvd bundle in 50s or 100s

god2007

Right off the assembly line
Hi

My Multimedia exceeds those of 2tb. Mostly consists of hd series and movies.

Now my prob is i need some cheap way of storing the ones which me or my friends might see like once a while.
Have almost removed all unwanted stuffs.

I think i might have to go for dvds backup. Any good offers for cheap dvd bundle in 50s or 100s

The best method is to buy additonal HDDs. Backup on DVDs are not reliable. I found many DVDs failed to read months later. If the files are not critical DVD backup is ok.

acewin

Point Blanc
IMO DVDs are cheap and good option, bu-ray discs price have also become competitive, only not in india. I had got my friend to bring me packs of blu ray discs per disc cost was coming an average of 50 bucks indian currency or 1$. I have a lot of movies storedon DVDs, they work fine, its more on how you store.

and if a DVD goes wrong u have not lost all the data I bought 2 TB HDD, lost 1.5 TB of data or more when it got kaput 2 months back, and I got it replaced. This time it was not only movies but my work and study related data as well, which I had moved from different HDDs to one single place.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol... Wth

DVDs are not the best option to save media which exceeds 2 TB.
Imagine the sheer amount of number of DVDs you will gonna have to burn!
more than 200 to store just 1 TB!!!

Only way to store them is external Hdd.

Naxal

Little Kid
What I can see from my exp is, max of the HD files I have is single file larger than 4.7GB hence they are not going to fit in DVD..

4.7 DVDs are like Rs. 9/- / Rs. 10/- a peace but when trying to get DVD9, 8.5 GB versions, they are really costly, when doing Math 8.5GB DVD vs 1 TB drives, hard discs are cheaper..

They only cost effecting way I can see is buying more disc drives, if only the files are single and large enough to out fit 4.7 DVDs

acewin

Point Blanc
well I think most of guys who say DVDs are n good idea do not have much data which can really be called important or worth saving.
I have had more data loss because HDD failures than DVD failures, that is my personal experience

Naxal

Little Kid
well I think most of guys who say DVDs are n good idea do not have much data which can really be called important or worth saving.
I have had more data loss because HDD failures than DVD failures, that is my personal experience

I agree with your statement of DVDs are more reliable compare to HDD.. Storing all pictures and documents and self shot videos in DVDs makes sense since they will fit easily in DVD5 but I am talking about downloaded content with single file being more than 4.7GB in size.

Buying DVD9 in India is really really costly, and forget about Blue Ray, they are touching the sky in terms of price :p

Top Bottom