Cheapest s60v3 nokia phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
@k4ce laptop can't be compared to cell phone, comparing to all other phones this phone has much better specs in cheap price

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
the cheapest phone for s60v3 is 5320xm around 10k but now it has been stopped and not easily available dont know why as it was one of the best for its price.
same with samsung i450 not available anymore.
so i would suggest if you can wait get 5630 as currently its the best for the price.it will be available for 12.5k by end of this month in india already its available in europe.
you can check spec sheet at
*europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5630-xpressmusic/specifications

@metalheadgautham , 5630 vs tat laptop

obviously u can do a lot more wid even that laptop than wid most fones. (except poobably make calls) ... it shud be able to run windows xp (my old p3 700mhz wid 256mb sd ram did it)...

so the comparison is a bit unfair ... wat u intending to do wid it?

Nothing much.
Movies, music, light games (java/flash), email, internet, etc.
Lots of typing, playing some games like CounterStrike and UrbanTerror.
And programming.

What advantage I get off the phone is 3.1MP camera compared to 0.3MP of the laptop. And ofcourse, a PHONE.

If I get the laptop, I will probably buy myself a Nokia 2700c later on saving more money and use a 3rd hand (dad >>> mom >>> me) Samsung X210 till then perhaps.

The lappy can record same quality video or even better (thanks to postprocessing before encoding) compared to the mobile's secondary video 0.3mp cam.

@k4ce laptop can't be compared to cell phone, comparing to all other phones this phone has much better specs in cheap price
Yes I can compare laptop to phone, if I state my PURPOSE with the thing. Because whichever fills the purpose better I can get that.
mm @metalhead get this phone.

As that netbook sucks for this generation :|
Actually it does NOT suck for this generation except onboard graphics.
Otherwise its as good as normal "netbook" subnotebooks.

k4ce

Youngling
movies will ob look better on a 7in screen than a 2.2in screen ... advantage laptop

lots of typing requires a QWERTY ... forget CS and UT for fone ... u'll get n-gage games... advantage laptop

but look at the convenience of a fone ... u cant listen to music as easily when u're on the move ... fones got a much better cam ... and i havent seen anyone taking regular pics wid a webcam ... u can whip out ur fone in the middle of a bus journeyt and start playin n-gage games ... but i doubt u can take out ur laptop in a crowded bus and play cs or ut ...

so its a tough call , its depends on u ... if i really really needed a laptop , only then i wud go for 2700c+laptop .... else the 5630 ...

movies will ob look better on a 7in screen than a 2.2in screen ... advantage laptop

lots of typing requires a QWERTY ... forget CS and UT for fone ... u'll get n-gage games... advantage laptop

but look at the convenience of a fone ... u cant listen to music as easily when u're on the move ... fones got a much better cam ... and i havent seen anyone taking regular pics wid a webcam ... u can whip out ur fone in the middle of a bus journeyt and start playin n-gage games ... but i doubt u can take out ur laptop in a crowded bus and play cs or ut ...

so its a tough call , its depends on u ... if i really really needed a laptop , only then i wud go for 2700c+laptop .... else the 5630 ...
My thoughts were exactly the same. And no, this is NOT a laptop (laptop was supposed to mean 15" and above and notebooks fell between 10" and 15" while subnotebooks were under 10" - these rigid definations are being destroyed today by these n00bs who call anything everything). Its a 7" notebook which is Approximately A5 sized (A5 paper = 1/2 size of A4 paper). It looks really really tiny.

And no, I don't REALLY need this - I'm getting a full sized laptop/notebook anyway. I just need an entertainment/office gadget which helps me on the go. And since I'm in India, the country where anything expensive gets stolen easily, I doubt I would be carrying my full sized personal workstation to collage or in buses on most normal days. These times I would only use an el-cheapo gadget.

Hope you get an idea of the totally confused state of my mind right now.

k4ce

Youngling
^ in that case , go for the fone dude ... take the 5630 ... cos once u get ur main notebook , u wudnt use this anyway and u'd be stuck wid that subnotebook and an ordinary fone(2700) ... instead jus get the 5630 ... it shud keep u good company ... besides its got everything u want in a fone ... jus wait for the 5630 to release and get it ...

k4ce

Youngling
^ why e55 ... not that gud wid music (e-series) ... so far atleast ... but yeah , the e55 comes wid a 3.5mm jack so maybe it does play gud music ... and its got one of those funny keypads , not QWERTY , not regular ... so i'm sure it'll cost more

but surely getting n-gage to run on the 240*320 screen wud be a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom