Cheapest possible 7850 based rig

AVT

Clueless Noob
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: To run games like Just Cause 2, Fallout 3 and its DLCs, Batman Akhman City and GTA4

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 7850 card(around 15k or whatever the price maybe) and 10-20k extra for everything else. Actually thought of 6870 but I'd like to keep using a more than 10k component when I build my next rig 12-18 months in the future. Also name of 7850 card that runs the coolest at load.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope, never.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Any reasonable size from 18 inch upwards. Don't care too much really.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I plan to buy everything except my computer table as I think I can reuse it. Everything is too ancient.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1-2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope, never built one. Will try my hand on this.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi. Nehru Place.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Just this, needs to be intel based, bare minimum for games I mentioned (30-35 fps). Also, components that run cooler are very much preferred.

Can I get away with Intel Dual Core G620 Processor on this rig without affecting the games too much ? Also a cheap cabinet as Nxzt cabby people recommend is not available in Nehru Place (or the names of shops where it could be found will be appreciated.)

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Get all the parts online.
HD 7850 15.5K
Phenom 2 960T @ 7K
ASUS M5A88M @ 5K
CORSAIR Value Ram 4 GB @ 1.2k
Seagate 500 GB HDD @ 4K
ASUS DVD ROM @ 1.1K
SEASONIC S12 520W @ 3.6K
CM ELITE 310 @ 1.8K
BENQ G222HDL @ 7.5K
NUMERIC 600 VA @ 1.5K
LOGITECH COMBO @ 0.6K
CREATIVE 2.0 @ 0.6K
TOTAL 49.4K !

OP
AVT

AVT

Clueless Noob
Get all the parts online.
HD 7850 15.5K
Phenom 2 960T @ 7K
ASUS M5A88M @ 5K
CORSAIR Value Ram 4 GB @ 1.2k
Seagate 500 GB HDD @ 4K
ASUS DVD ROM @ 1.1K
SEASONIC S12 520W @ 3.6K
CM ELITE 310 @ 1.8K
BENQ G222HDL @ 7.5K
NUMERIC 600 VA @ 1.5K
LOGITECH COMBO @ 0.6K
CREATIVE 2.0 @ 0.6K
TOTAL 49.4K !

My max buget outside of 7850 is 20k so around 35k-ish max. Will upgrade in 12-18 months. I want a intel based rig, that is why i asked about extent of imbalance of Intel Dual Core G620 Processor pairing with 7850.

Also I m pretty sure Intel Core i3 2120 Processor and some Intel board (DH67BL i think) will cost around the same but would be much better. But I want to go much much cheaper. I know I'd need a decent PSU to protect my 7850 but for everything else I want to be as cheap as possible.

Top Bottom