Cheapest phone having support for CalDav and CardDav protocol

amit_arya

Broken In
Hi

I had earlier posted this accidently on mobile and tablet section and not on the Buying Advice section.
Request Boarders to share their view...

I am looking for a basic phone. Having a good battery life (on standby, calling and 2G sync).
My requirements are :
- GSM/EDGE (do not mind 3G support but thats not mandatory)
- Good battery life with decent response (Do not want to click address book and wait for 10 seconds to load as done by basic 5-7K android phones)
- Basic features : Calling, Conference, Mute, Speakerphone, Calender, Alarm, SMS
- Must have : CalDav and CardDav protocol so that my calender and Contacts are synced with my original provider.
- Dual sim (active-active) preferable but not mandatory.
- physical keyboard preferable but not mandatory may be normal, qwerty
- Should be decent enough to be taken to office... no chinese jazzy ones please...
- Preferable brands : International (Samsung, nokia , LG, SONY) over Indian (Micromax, Karbonn, Spice). Big no to Chinese ones (...)

Budget: As low as possible but i do not mind stretching to a 5-7K.. beyond that it wont make sense as decent android phones start coming on these budget and would not solve my issue

I already have nice collections of phones (Nokia Belle, android and i-phones), however the biggest issue with them is their Battery. Hence looking for a faithful phone for my calling (mute, speaker and 3.5mm jack must), SMS (viber / whatapp support preferable not not mandatory) with CalDav and CardDav so that all my phones are always in sync and i do not loose my address book incase of lost/broken/stolen phone...

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Spice Stellar Nhance Mi 435 Price in India, Buy Spice Stellar Nhance Mi 435, Reviews & Features, Spice Mobiles India - Infibeam.com

OP
A

amit_arya

Broken In
Spice Stellar Nhance Mi 435 Price in India, Buy Spice Stellar Nhance Mi 435, Reviews & Features, Spice Mobiles India - Infibeam.com

Thanks for the suggestion Deathblade. I understand that this is a Android Phone and i am looking for a basic feature phone only.
Also, since this is 4 inch screen i doubt the battery would last that long defeating my purpose of a feature phone just for calling, messaging and keepying my addressbook/calender in sync with my gmail.

Any suggestion from other gurus????

Regards

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Bro , On 2g u will get 1.5-2days of battery usage...Thats good...This is ur best bet under 7k.. 8mp cam+1.3mp..:)...dual core 2..

OP
A

amit_arya

Broken In
Bro , On 2g u will get 1.5-2days of battery usage...Thats good...This is ur best bet under 7k.. 8mp cam+1.3mp..:)...dual core 2..
Thanks DeathBlade for your reply, please see below where this does not fit my requirement

How about Pantech burst
Battery life - It lasts for 1 days on moderate use :)
It's of 8k
Thanks pratyush for your reply, please see below where this does not fit my requirement

As you can see the following lines
I already have nice collections of phones (Nokia Belle, android and i-phones), however the biggest issue with them is their Battery. Hence looking for a faithful phone for my calling (mute, speaker and 3.5mm jack must), SMS (viber / whatapp support preferable not not mandatory) with CalDav and CardDav so that all my phones are always in sync and i do not loose my address book incase of lost/broken/stolen phone...

Let me clarify my situation, Iphone 4s with my Apps, 2G on throughout, no bluetooth and no WIFI gives me max 28 hours for my usage.
also i have a Sansung S Duos, the same but with with automatic data off at 1AM and automatic data on at 730AM and with automatic brightness to 15% at 9AM and automatic brightness at 0% at 7PM (i use a free tool call automateit to do so) the battery last for around 30-35 hours.

Next comes blackberry 9300 on 2G mode and enterprise BB plan with zero calling and around 1 hour Google maps per recharge gives me around 50+ hours (plz i have medium usage of corporate emails and this connection is different from the iphone/S duos i mentioned above).

my company is going away from BB and has now started to provision emails over android and Iphone. S duos with the number of apps and RAM usage i face a lot of issue where the green button for call acceptable comes on the screen when the call has already turned into missed call (yeah some times it takes over 15 seconds for the button to come). Also, my Nokia E5 which i was using before iphone / S Duos used to give me 72+ hours of talking thanks to pull at every 4 hours than push technology for data usage (and hence minimum data usage)

Now i want one phone for my data which would be my iphone with all my surfing and corporate email needs and other phone as voice. I tried to moved back to Nokia e5 for my voice need and realized that google have stopped exchange sync support post 31 jan 2013. hence i am looking for *feature phone* (not android or ios) with *great battery life* (as its usually small screen resolution with not so battery hungry specs) for usual stuff (calling , sms etc). I already have iphone, S Duos for my data needs but i would need Caldav and carddav protocol so that my contacts and calender remain in sync with my iphone and gmail.

when i am saying good battery i mean it should give me atleast 3-4 days with around 5 hours to talk (per battery charge) with calender/contact sync every 4- 6 hours with no other data required. which e5 does but unfortunately does not support caldav and carddav and hence no calender/contact sync.

I emailed nokia they sent me all their feature phone list when i checked online (and thankfully one of my friend had one of those phones) i realized they do not support Carddav and Caldav. I also emailed Samsung, they replied back saying contact our dealers and you can understand what dealers know. Seems like both companies are interested in their high margin product and do not want to spend even a minute on customer's need. if i would have gone by nokia email and bought the phone they recommended for sure they would have lost a customer throughout their life.

If i search internet all i get is Good support for them, how to configure iphone with it, microsoft statement with that etc even sites like gsmarena do not show this protocol for iphone or nexus 4 which we know have this protocol support.

Hence gurus please recommend a feature phone (not android / ios) with carddav and Caldav protocol support which gives me atleast 3-4 days to peace in terms of battery.
Thanks in advance!!!!!

Top Bottom