CHEAPEST LAPTOP with highest RAM...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
CHEAPEST LAPTOP with highest RAM...???

Hi

Can anyone suggest which is the cheapest (and best) laptop where maximum RAM is desirable and HDD may be 40 GB (HDD does not matter much). Point is Cost is to be minimised but RAM
should be somewehere around 512 MB to 1 GB.

Also suggest the laptop considering that it should have DVD writer and LCD TFT monitor along with large RAM.

WHY is HDD not important conideration as because external HDD provision through USB port is there.

SO please suggest keeping in view that COST SHOULD BE MINIMUM but must have

1. HIGH RAM
2. DVD writer3.
3. LCD TFT Monitor
4. USB Port.

Thanks and regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

again dvd writer is also NOT that important if cost can be reduced as because it again can be connected through USB via external casing...

also although i dont know whats difference between pentium 4 and newly heard term...intel centrino mobile technology...still i would love if i can have bluetooth and centrino mobile chip in laptop....

yahoo mess id : su_nan_do_ghosh

din

Tribal Boy
Check these two

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25512

(HP Compaq Presario M2202TU - Review by adit_sen)

and

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21218

(Acer Aspire 3002NLC - Review by Sourabh )

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
Hi thanks for those replies...

I opened both the links and it appears that both are not having Intel Pentium Centrino Mobilechip:

Review: HP Compaq Presario M2202TU: Intel Celeron Mobile 350 (1.3 Ghz)

I presume celeron denotes extreme slow speeds...am i right...?????

Acer Aspire 3002NLC Review: Processor: Mobile AMD Sempronâ„¢ processor 2800+(1.6 GHz)

I have never used AMD and therefore do not really understand and also fear using it...????

ALL I WANT IS

A. low cost (budget 30000rs to 40000 max a bit flexible also on higher side)

B. Option for upgrading/adding more RAM (dont mind if i have to pay extra cost for just RAM)

C. USB port

D. Intel Pentium Centrino Mobile chip (if its possible within my budget)

please advise in light of above...

thanks again for those valuable comments and links...

best regards

sunando

rohanbee

Padawan
Dell has come out with some really good cheap models as well check out their site for more details. Plus you can easily modigy the kind of things you want in your laptop to suit your needs and budget.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
mariner said:
go for a sony vaio if u want quality and a masterpiece !!!!!!!!

And for emtyin ur pockets without the need of an hole...

They start at 99999 pal, too damn costly but a geek's dream as usual , coz the hardware rcks...

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
They start at 99999 pal, too damn costly but a geek's dream as usual , coz the hardware rcks...

Actually they start at 80k I think. You can read more about it Here .

As for cheap laptops the cheap ones in india I think would be Acer and Dell. Zenith ones are cheap but I hear that they s**k.

magnet

Youngling
i myself wanted to go 4 cheap model...but i guess dell brands r coming cheap 89k........quality product.......centrino wont come cheap..since they r the leader presently.....and intel always try to get rich in technology in which they r leader........
earlier intel chips were xpensive...but now since amd has overshadowed them.....they now r placing price wrt amd.....but in laptop amd is still backward(considering wireless transmission 4 which laptop is mainly used)

also guys since i never used laptop....i want to know how much laptop last...i knew acer one when used heavely ard 15-20hrs last 2 yrs......
i want a solution which last long..not in terms of technology...but investing so much shdnt giv much problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom