Cheap performance laptop

arjunlalb

Broken In
Hi to all.

I'm a Computer engineering student. I'm a technology enthusiast and do a lot of experiments on my PC. been always a fan of digit. reading it for the past 6 years.

I'm here now, seeking suggestions for a laptop/notebook/netbook which would suit my needs. I would happy to have 2 or 3GB DDR3 RAM and probably a system running c2d/i3/i5 and 320GB HDD atleast. Looking forward to buy from Trivandrum or Kochi , Kerala.

I have included netbook in this list to know if there is any netbook that would arguably suit my needs.

I mostly do programming, browsing, experimenting, development activities using various IDEs like Visual studio,netbeans,eclipse,python,turbo c,java,etc; document works, photoshopping, multimedia etc. Gaming is rare, but still I would like to have some low end 512 MB gfx atleast.

I have heard that i3 is not much of an improvement than c2d and if so, c2d/i5 shall be my aim or if i3 is worth the extra 2000 rs, then I can opt for i3.

I dont have much to spend and hence would want the cheapest good performance laptop which would meet my above mentioned requirements + the usual stuff like wifi, bluetooth, etc.. I dont demand hi battery backup, but 1.5hrs is appreciable. My main aim is to do all these works efficiently, with portability.

I do not prefer Acer, Compaq, hp, or Toshiba. My options are Lenovo, Asus, Dell.

suggestions with prices and specs shall be extremely helpful.

Hope you guys here can help.
Thanks in advance for any help.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
You did not specify any specific price range. Also choice range does not leave much
Dell inspiron with i3 would cost you 38k and 15 will cost 40k. Lenovo has many model and will cost you around 35k

OP
A

arjunlalb

Broken In
around or below 30k ... I'm too tight on budget.. and, I dont have a prblm if the available config has c2d and 4gb DDR2 RAM

please note,title is - cheap "performance laptop" :)

manujohn

Journeyman
I remember an advt appeared on Malayala Manorama, which specifies a Lenovo lappy with core i3 2310, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD,15.6" etc at a price of 29600 (or something below 30k)..... Seemed to be a perfect option for you...

It may be Z560, i think...

Top Bottom