Cheap graphics card suggestion...

monsursound

Broken In
Ok...so my graphics card died . Now i dont game any more.So need a graphics card to play HD movies . Please suggest the best, cheap graphics card.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if you just need a GPU to play HD movies, then your inbuilt HD 2000 is fine for that, it is even capable of bluray decoding via IntelQuicksync

OP
M

monsursound

Broken In
if you just need a GPU to play HD movies, then your inbuilt HD 2000 is fine for that, it is even capable of bluray decoding via IntelQuicksync

yea its playing ...but its looks pixelated if i watch sitting close ...also i think its dropping frames as action sequence looks jerky.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Then Get a HD 6450, I think its a cheap card that can handle your requirement

Still, I think that the choice of GPU does not impact the quality of video unless its super high bitrate and crazy high resolutions

Intel HD, 2000 or discrete for video playback - Graphics Cards - Graphics Cards

Here's a tom's hardware post on the same

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah get a cheap hd6450 for 2k. Should be great for hd videos. but first make sure if its your hd200 or the hd videos that is causing issues.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
yea its playing ...but its looks pixelated if i watch sitting close ...also i think its dropping frames as action sequence looks jerky.

HD2000 is sufficient for fullHD content.
I would check drivers, player settings to check if they are in order.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You can't do that, atleast on an h61 motherboard

yes you can, I have done it in the past and I own an H61 motherboard..
Go to bios, select manual iGPU frequency, bump it to 1550mhz and you will see noticeable improvement in gaming.. DA:Origins had a 5-10 fps bump @ high settings

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks mate... i updated my intel hd2000 graphics driver...movies running butter smooth :)
yea, most people are still runing the oldest Intel HD 2000/3000 drivers which came with their motherboard drivers CD.

Drivers released after 2 years from the launch of Sandy Bridge had tremendous improvement.

mitraark

Decrepit
Driver update and codec update would solve such video issues. Spending on SUb 3k GPUs is total waste of the entire amount.

Gollum

Collector
My Nvidia 9500 GT was great for a while and then came along HEVC
destroyed my 9500 GT lol. the video would play super slow.

I removed it only to find that my AMD 5300 cpu was enough to run all the 10 HEVC videos @ 1080p

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ok...so my graphics card died . Now i dont game any more.So need a graphics card to play HD movies . Please suggest the best, cheap graphics card.

Zotac GT 730 -5200.

Link:ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Buy ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Top Bottom