Cheap and reliable laptop/netbook

ece2k2

Broken In
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a bunch of laptops/netbooks (5 numbers) for my BPO company. I am making this purchase to tackle the long powercuts happening at my place - as the UPS runs out when powering the desktops. So, I am planning to use these laptops/netbooks to cut down the power usage (by replacing the desktops) and still get the work done from my employees.

Requirements follows:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 15000 to 20000

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
No specific preference

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No preference, but after browsing flipkart I felt the following options are appropriate - Samsung RV RV513-A01IN and Asus X54 Series X54H-SX136D

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Internet browsing (using a lot of tabs/windows)
Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Will leave it on the desk

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
atleast 3 hours

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Buying it online without seeing it is okay

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
I don't need OS as that would add to the cost

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
No preference

bubusam13

Human
Toshiba Satellite C665 Satellite C665-P5012 Laptop Without Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Asus X54 Series X54H-SX136D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Athlon II will be better than Intel Atom

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Samsung NP300E4Z-A04IN @ Rs. 21568

also Samsung NP305-U1A-A02IN @ Rs. 21630

former one is a notebook while the latter is a netbook

Top Bottom