Chat with the Honor CEO!

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

upload_2018-5-18_20-46-4.png

This is a chance for Digit Forum members to post interesting questions to the Honor CEO about the new Honor 10 that was recently launched in London on May 15th.

This is an activity that will run for four weeks (starting today), and the top 10 questions will be selected by the Honor CEO to answer on the Digit forum.

As a bonus, the top 10 questions that are picked will receive exciting prizes from Honor.

The idea is for Honor to get feedback from the geekiest bunch of Indians (that's you), about the new Honor 10 phone and it's features, so they can use that feedback constructively, and for you, we're trying to give you a platform to directly speak to a large company's CEO. Win-win.

The goodies that you receive if your question is picked won't hurt either ;-)

General rules? Pretty much standard for such discussions.

Please be polite, think your question through and express it as simply as possible. You can choose to ask questions, share a story or a comment about Honor products, and ask him anything about the exciting Honor 10 that's just launched. Even general trends in the industry, and what Honor's opinion or outlook about them, etc., are fair game.

For more info on how to get your hands on the prizes, check here in a new tab for more details.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Xiaomi and Oneplus honor warranties for rooted devices. You should allow the same.
2. Please release android one versions of your phones. This can also be done as a system update which completely wipes the system partition and flashes android one image (fastboot image file would be better).
3. Notch is just a bad design approach by Apple. Why does Honor 10 have it?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. No notch please.
2. Please improve the skin, it has some bugs and lags every now and then.
The camera in the P20 pro is wonderful but it needs the fixes as mentioned above.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think we can do anything about the notch since the design is probably already finalized. But I agree with the other questions.

No warranty for rooted devices is a big turn-off for power users.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
As hated as notch is, if it's implemented like LG G7 did, it's not that bad. The way they implemented is that you can turn off the notch portion, giving the users the impression that there is no notch. Of course it works best if the screen is deep black, not necessarily Amoled.

Anyway, as for the question, yes warranty for users who want to root it would be my first and foremost request/query.

Also updates. That's something even big companies struggle to provide for. Why? And will they honor their promises about updates?

ankushv

Journeyman
Video call over lte ,from stock dialler when will it be implemented ?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps an offtopic question, but wouldn't the CEO of Honor be the same as the CEO of Huawei?

Hkm282

Right off the assembly line
Hey,
First of all thank you Digit team and Honor for creating this good opportunity for sharing our feedbacks and queries.
When i have gone through the specifications, i came across some queries:
1. Why doesn't honor 10 provide hybrid Sim slot? ( I understand 128 GB ROM is sufficient, but imagine if you are taking so many videos, pictures and some time storing multiple movies in the phone and u feel like 128GB is nothing) It wouldn't hurt if hybrid slot has been given for some users who need memory more than Sim.
2. My second question also related to 1st, How much memory will be consumed by 24MP camera's for RAW images with good lighting & bad lighting conditions?
3. I believe honor has provided ultrasonic under glass fingerprint recognition, but what about providing water resistance to phone as a whole?
4. Is there option for clone effect in camera shooting effect? It is one of good feature i love in a phone camera.
5. Can honor team develop a flagship phone with less overall size which can be handy to carry (Say at 5"size by utilizing entire screen of phone as display area)?

Just wanted to share my observations/Suggestions for a flagship ph one and i believe it hasn't hurt anybody for getting something extra in a flagship phone:)

Once again thank you both teams for providing my thoughts.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Paul O'Brien on Twitter

*pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd9ed1VUQAAvm4z.jpg

Is this true for Honor devices as well?

Edit: Image

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, when would the CEO join the chat and answer the questions? Thread was started on Friday 18th May and including that, 2 Fridays have gone by. Is Honor actually serious about feedback from The Digit Forum?

ankushv

Journeyman
Will you be providing automatic call recording option ?
Also I'm asking again , what about 4g video calling through stock dialler ?
Will face unlock work in the dark on your budget ( with no infra red scanner equipped ) phones ?
Why do all your mid rangers use the two year old Kirin 659 chips .
Is there a new chipset for mid rangers with dual volte (a la` SD 636) expected ?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Sathishsarod

Right off the assembly line
Given any phone in the world is not perfect.What would be your view of a Perfect Smart Phone? Could we expect from Honor to release a perfect smart phone of the future?

Honor

Broken In
Official Verified Account
1. Xiaomi and Oneplus honor warranties for rooted devices. You should allow the same.
2. Please release android one versions of your phones. This can also be done as a system update which completely wipes the system partition and flashes android one image (fastboot image file would be better).

Dear Saiyangoku

Actually, the notch is not a bad design, from our perspective. To get a bigger screen-to-body ratio which provides a better display experience, we have to use the notch otherwise the placement of the rear camera will be a problem. This is also the reason that most of the smartphone manufacturers adopts the notch design.

Thanks for the participation.

Honor

Broken In
1. No notch please.
2. Please improve the skin, it has some bugs and lags every now and then.
The camera in the P20 pro is wonderful but it needs the fixes as mentioned above.

Dear billubakra

Thanks for your recommendation.
We will pass on your suggestion to R&D center.

Honor

Broken In
As hated as notch is, if it's implemented like LG G7 did, it's not that bad. The way they implemented is that you can turn off the notch portion, giving the users the impression that there is no notch. Of course it works best if the screen is deep black, not necessarily Amoled.

Anyway, as for the question, yes warranty for users who want to root it would be my first and foremost request/query.

Also updates. That's something even big companies struggle to provide for. Why? And will they honor their promises about updates?

Dear Vyom,

Of course. We will provide updates for Honor products timely. However, because we are trying to provide a stable and smooth user experience, we will have enormous tests before officially providing the updates in terms of respective products.
Thanks for the participation.

Top Bottom