Chat with the Honor CEO!

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Essential had several problems at launch, the 2 major reasons IMO would be their launch price of $700 or so & poor camera software. Even though later on improved camera with updates but it still wasn't close to other flagship devices.

With the price cut afterwards, it was reduced to $500, it became a good choice due to S835 & stock android. But at that time S8 was at $575 which had a better screen, camera & 3.5mm jack for a bit more cost along with many other advantages.
But, Essential created such a hype which now Hydrogen Red is making, yes, they started wrong especially the additional mod and the camera was not good.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Essential had several problems at launch, the 2 major reasons IMO would be their launch price of $700 or so & poor camera software. Even though later on improved camera with updates but it still wasn't close to other flagship devices.

With the price cut afterwards, it was reduced to $500, it became a good choice due to S835 & stock android. But at that time S8 was at $575 which had a better screen, camera & 3.5mm jack for a bit more cost along with many other advantages.
S8 also has Samsung Experience and no notch.
But the guy who started Essential is the guy who started Android, there must be something good in it, which he is not able to show!
He also started the notch trend. Janta maaf nahi karegi.

S8 also has Samsung Experience and no notch.

He also started the notch trend. Janta maaf nahi karegi.
The notch of the Essential phone is small enough to be ignored & Samsung Experience isn't everyone's cup of tea. Stock android lovers will hate it, no matter how good it is. So UI is a subjective thing like I would not buy a phone with stock android for myself, doesn't mean I would not recommend it to people. Something like Oxygen OS is a good solution though.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The notch of the Essential phone is small enough to be ignored & Samsung Experience isn't everyone's cup of tea. Stock android lovers will hate it, no matter how good it is. So UI is a subjective thing like I would not buy a phone with stock android for myself, doesn't mean I would not recommend it to people. Something like Oxygen OS is a good solution though.

Again that notch be it small or big is subjective. I prefer a notch free screen. Oos sucks, way too much restricted in terms of apps. SE is dope.

anoshsk

Right off the assembly line
Give an fingerprint scanner on side of mobile,, its more comfortable and looks outstanding than other phones,,

anoshsk

Secondary display on.back , just vertical one to give notification when phone screen is off, or phone screen is downward when on table,

anoshsk

Phones nowadays are just everything about display, but by giving some creative ideas for appearance of mobile it'll be an game changing step, old day's before screen touch tech was not in market, there was variety of mobile design, each one unique, mobile had there own identity according to there appearance, but now everything is same, unless you see logo u can't identity model,
Hence honor have gave an opportunity to discuss ideas ill like to see changes in design of mobile,
Make something that will have its own identity according to its appearance,
Happy to share,,

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

They removed the essential 3.5 mm jack while Oneplus stuck with every necessity at lower price. Essential played themselves.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yeah Instead of making a think phone for a side fingerprint sensor, they may try to place a bigger battery which has a better chance to increase the sales.
People won't care if the phone can be used as a knife. But they would care if it can last them very long (not 2 days on standby when switched off) on a single charge.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Oxygen OS is probably the best stock rom any OEM (apart from Google) has made till now.

Top Bottom