Changing the Boot Loader in FC7

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi Buddies,
I first installed Fedora core 7 on my Sata Hard Disk...and Then installed Windows Media Centre on same hard disk but on different partition...Unfortunately I can't boot into Fedora Core 7....Hence I want to Change the Boot Loader so that I can dual boot into either Windows Media Centre or Fedora Core 7.....Any idea of accomplishing this task......

praka123

left this forum longback
install grub on ur first disk's MBR as "grub-install /dev/sdx".u can do it from fedora cd/dvd with linux rescue.

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
@praka123
I know this method and have successfully implemented it many times...But this time its not working...Actually map of My SATA hard-disk is as follows:
1.] I have ONE Primary partition on which Windows Media Centre is installed.
2.] Rest of the hard-disk comprises of Extended Partition in which there are many logical partitions and out of them One is for SWAP and over one Fedora Core 7 is installed (EXT3).
3.] Apart from these two partitions my SATA hard-disk has few NTFS and FAT32 partitions as well in the EXTENDED area.

When I use the method suggested by you, it shows know "No Linux Partition Found!" and asks to "Reboot".

praka123

left this forum longback
If fedora is there it shud show up.use a live-cd(knoppix?) and mount ur fedora partition as read-write.then chroot and set grub manually to MBR.I hope u know how to chroot into mounted partition
how to manually install grub?
*www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-natively.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom