CF menu gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey all CF up and running just few queries After I open my System CF starts automatically as I had set that Now the Preference menu appear like blank while list with no icons no text nothing

Also Why No Compiz Fusion Icon appear near Clock Like Beryl Is it possible to make icon visible.. How o install Snow plugin.

That's all

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
which theme manager do you use? there wont be any "compiz manager" in the notification area. compiz fusion has always been buggy for me (it still is in devel stages) hence i backed out to beryl. experienced a lot of stability probs.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
which theme manager do you use? there wont be any "compiz manager" in the notification area. compiz fusion has always been buggy for me (it still is in devel stages) hence i backed out to beryl. experienced a lot of stability probs.

we get an compiz fusion icon(compiz setting manager) in system try like beryl icon on system tray. i feel compiz fusion is much better, has not crased yet.
hav both beryl and compiz on system. i can switch both.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
go get that icon on system tray, u got to install "git core" files after adding repo for same.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@shashwant,
this prob is only after running compiz ?
not sure though may b language support prob, like my menu in xmms where not displayed, i changed the language to US then it started displayin xmms menu's.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ Oooo..... That's worked thanks a ton. Though I didn't use XMMS this time shifted to exaile.. So I thought why should I install Language support if I am not in a need of that :p But was wrong :) Thanks bro D:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
its a bug in ubuntu. there has been no fix issued. but glad that you were able to find out the prob. never thot that this wud be the prob!!! it occurs in xmms, audacity..and now even here!!

praka123

left this forum longback
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
Code:
sid:~# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
^works for me ;)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Oops .. The problem still there everytime I restart the preference menu get blank everytime I had to open Language support for that One more thing.. Whenever I open a thing under system compiz relodes and the Windows border disappear :X

praka123 ur's too not working :(

Also How to change the Upper part and Lower part of cube image. I set the image 1'st time.. but If I change thru manager it remains same the old 1 that u see in screenshot :|

Last edited:
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I don't have nvidia card dude .. Inbuilt Intel VGA :)

Also How to change the Upper part and Lower part of cube image. I set the image 1'st time.. but If I change thru manager it remains same the old 1 that u see in screenshot

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^ hey vish, if i'm rite shashwat uses an oboard 845. how will nvidia config help him?!?!

the cubecaps and skydomes haf been too buggy for me.

edit: beat me shashwat! :D

praka123

left this forum longback
^it will be crawling on his system(845! onboard!) :-| @shashwath i gave that command so that u can generate en_US.UTF8 locale and set it as default.(thats what i do).
offtopix:
also all my repos in apt are directed to either us or germany for the matter of 0-0 speed!

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^yep bro.. En US is the default lang.. but the problem presists :x btw ya its slow am on 256 Mb ram 64Mb Vram :( not that much slow but at times it it :) but its better than beryl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom