Century's longest solar eclipse on July 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Source: *timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/H...ar-eclipse-on-July-22/articleshow/4792423.cms

NEW DELHI: Sky gazers await for the longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century on July 22 as it will provide a rare opportunity to witness *timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb.cms?msid=4798685&width=300&resizemode=4*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/4764554.cms

Sky gazers await for the longest total solar eclipse of this century as it will provide a rare chance to witness the grand event in India. (TOI File Photo)

the grand event for the people in west, central, east and north-east India.

A total eclipse occurs when the Sun is completely obscured by the Moon. The intensely bright disk of the Sun is replaced by the dark silhouette of the Moon, SPACE President C B Devgun said.

During the total eclipse, totality is visible only from a narrow track on the surface of the Earth.

The countries to witness the path of the Moon's umbral shadow are India and Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China.

In India, the shadow sweeps over the cities of Surat, Indore, Bhopal, Varanasi and Patna. Travelling across Bhutan, the eclipse will be visible in Nepal, Bangladesh, and Burma (Myanmar), before reaching China at 06:35 IST, he said.

China's largest city Shanghai will experience the total solar eclipse for five minutes, he said, adding across the East China Sea, the eclipse will sweep over Japan's Ryukyu Islands and Iwo Jima.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Partial eclipses can be seen from most cities in India. The Eclipse will start at Surat, and Varanasi or Patna are the best places to catch it. Cox and Kings, with Jet Lite, has chartered a flight that will travel in the shadow of the eclipse. This is the best way to view the eclipse, if you have around seventy grand to spare. Last one in our lifetime - unless the medical profession gets a cure for old age or something.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
path of eclipse

Webcast Links here

*img107.imageshack.us/img107/1821/solareclipsebihar.th.gif

Last edited:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
If you are living in parts of the world where you can’t witness the beautiful total solar eclipse live, here are few useful links to the websites that helps you to catch it live on your desktop.

* *www.sems.und.edu/
* *www.live-eclipse.org/
* *www.atlaspost.com/2009tse
* *www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/index.html

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I saw it! I saw it! I used a mobile camera placed in the middle of a cardboard with a tiny hole (So as to shield my eyes!!!). That was something truly spectacular!!. My town did have lots of clouds(Bhagalpur, bihar) but I saw it!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom