Cell Phone <10K: Is C510 OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it IS true that 5320XM is being phased out, so are some other phones in the range to be replaced by the 2-3k more expensive 5530XM and 5330XM.

How is E51 as an alternative to 5320XM then ?
The "executive class" tag always draws eyes doesn't it ? :D

I guess the only problem with E51 is the older Symbian 9.2 instead of current 9.3. Even 2.5mm jack is not an issue since you get adapters anywhere for Rs. 20.

But I feel WiFi is the biggest advantage. You can use this in any wifi enabled hotspot and start browsing away without paying a rupee.

I guess the only problem with E51 is the older Symbian 9.2 instead of current 9.3. Even 2.5mm jack is not an issue since you get adapters anywhere for Rs. 20.

But I feel WiFi is the biggest advantage. You can use this in any wifi enabled hotspot and start browsing away without paying a rupee.

Tamoghno

Padawan
E51 is really no comparison with c510i , for normal multimedia feature go for c510,

E51 on the other hand is more powerful device with s60 and more focused on reliability .

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
I guess I'm a bit late to the conversation :smile:.
So, this is what I was thinking, Wi-Fi is useful, but, I guess I won't use it as much I would like, on the other hand what I'm surely going to use is GPS if available. Also, GPRS and 3G(when/if it becomes cheap) will be heavily used. On the multimedia front, C510 is probably better than the rest in less-than-13K range.
With about 13K as a budget, I would like to get a good device with GPS(and Symbian will be a plus) and the rest of the features being above average. Or, I will just buy the C510 and save some money and buy a decent headphone.

Last edited:
OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
Also, I don't really understand the implications of budget but, apparently the prices of cell phones will come down. How much time will this take?

rajhot

S60 rocks
For sony & Samsung mobiles u can use only gmaps which requires data connection so think abt it.

Tamoghno

Padawan
*www.indiaplaza.in/nokia-6220-class...bile-phones/camera-phones/ma0807101113273.htm

Look No further ! this is one superb deal .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^6Are you planning to use your phone for more than 6 months?? Is so, then forget it. Coz this phone isnt going to last for you that much. The reason why nokia pulled if off the shelves in less than 3 months. :)

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ oh i see , is this the same reason nokia india pulled 5320 , n78 , n81 , n82 from market ?

@op , you wont get a better phone with gps if in this range . Also navigators usually comew with 6months free voice navigation . Just check the spec sheet and then decide.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
All the phones you mentioned had a lifespan of more than a year. The 6220 was so badly built, Nokia stopped its production worldwide after a while. Google is your best friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom