Cell Phone <10K: Is C510 OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Err.. what?
Cell Phone <10K: Is C510 OK? Update: <13K Phone

I was just going through this post and saw that C510 is mentioned. Some things I look for:
*3G
*Decent picture and audio quality
*Good looking

Oh, and I love Nokia and SE.
I like C510's feature set. It looks okay. Anything which is better? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
G502 seems to have the same features(except, of course the camera) and cheaper by atleast 2.5K. Which one should I buy?

Tamoghno

Padawan
You said you need a decent camera , g502 is not very good compared to c510.

Btw , g502 dont come with data cable or memory card , which are very costly for se . So adding these will increase actual price of g502 a substantial amount.

harish_21_10

In the zone
+1 for c510...great phone
+1 for C510
i have had first hand experience with it...
-Good looks
-Nice camera
-Very good display
-Pack good set of features
-Dint listen music on it, so cant comment on tht
I does look classy for its price...100% vfm..
If i were to buy a non Windows Mobile ph in this range then this would be it!!

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
Thanks for the reply. I'm not buying until next month and am probably going to add around 2k-3k to the budget: 12k-13k. Which are the yet-to-be-released phones I should look out for and also, anything better than the C510 is this price range. Thanks.

If you add around 3K you can look for Nokia 5330 XpressMusic which is coming soon. Symbian 9.3 OS.

And there is the entry level touch screen Nokia 5530 XpressMusic but this has a large touch screen with the trade off being NO 3G and a weaker CPU. Symbian 9.4 OS.

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
I don't really want to compromise on that. In fact, I was hoping I can find a phone with GPS along with the features of C510.
5330 looks promising.

I don't really want to compromise on that. In fact, I was hoping I can find a phone with GPS along with the features of C510.
5330 looks promising.
Join the club. Methinks 5550 is less of a phone and more of a movie watcher cum app running gadget. Touchscreen isn't even THAT great anyway. Would gladly reduce screen resolution, reduce screen size and remove touchy feely nature for what 5330XM gives you.

But what shocked me was the ARM Single Core 600MHz CPU supposedly in 5330XM :D

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
I think I will settle with C510, if I can't find a decent phone with GPS for <13K.
Or, should I go for 5630XM - Symbian.

Last edited:
Oops I mean the 5530 XM. Its the little brother of 5800XM with smaller screen, same looks, same touchscreen OS, and no 3G.

And what price is 5630XM ? Its configuration makes it look like its rivalling N79 (I feel nokia is bringing more smartphones in XpressMusic range because the N7x series is FINISHED with no extra space for a new model while the N8x series is reserved now for replacements to the previous generation N9x model). Shouldn't that mean a price tag of atleast 15K which is above your limit ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think I will settle with C510, if I can't find a decent phone with GPS for <13K.
Or, should I go for 5630XM - Symbian.

get c510 if u r in a hurry..its good enough
5630 is not around the market now but released in some other countries and 5530 is yet to release...we donno about the pricing yet

get c510 if u r in a hurry..its good enough
5630 is not around the market now but released in some other countries and 5530 is yet to release...we donno about the pricing yet
Why C510 ? Its 10k but NOT a smart phone. You can get 5320 XpressMusic if its urgent for 10K but waiting is always the best option.

PS: I have all but zeroed in on 5130XM for my own use. Buying today. :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^5320 is not there in nokia site anymore....probably production stopped...you dont have much options

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^frankly NO...but like n78 and N82 disappeared from stores within a week of disappearing from site....I assume same will happen here too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom