cds do not autoplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit_biz

Broken In
ive got this really sticky problem, the cds do not autoplay. ever since i used autopatcher xp, my system is in a complete mess. eve the .jpeg files do not show themselves in thumbnail view. i even tried to restore system but no use. can sum1 help???

sahil_blues

In the zone
i also fell into a problem after installing AutoPatcher XP.....but after doing system restore it was all fine again....u can try restoring your comp to about 2-3 days before installing AutoPatcer XP.....also in future while running AutoPatcher, take time to read all the contents of its package install only those things which you want.....

rajas

In the zone
Dude Ankit, Regarding the Autoplay, try the Autoplay Repair Wizard.

The Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.

Sorry yaar not quite sure on Jpeg's not showing thumbnails.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
First of all, try a System Restore. That usually solves Autopatcher - related probs. Regarding the jpg thumbnail problem, take a look at this page. It's for Win98 but it'll work in 2k and XP also. Give it a try.

Biplav

In the zone
heres wat u gotta do(if u have xp pro)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:0000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"allocatecdroms"="0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

if u preper to do it automatically then:

run the following reg entry and it will automatically do the job

*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autorunenable.reg
save it as a .reg file

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yes, I have also heard that Autopatcher is giving some problems. One of my friend said that he had some problem related to Internet due to Autopatcher. He says sometimes when his PC hangs n he is connected to the net,after shuting down or restatrting, net doesnt dissconnect. Is it true???

OP
A

ankit_biz

Broken In
no i havent had ne probs with internet. also thanx 2 this forum the tweaking tips one really solved all the problems

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The thing with AutoPatcher is that one needs to look carefully and see what each and every tweak and patch is about. Then you gotta figure out whether its risky or not, and install the ones you think are beneficial. It is a time-consuming process, but it has worked very well for me.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Oh yeah, about the BSODs, I had those when I was running my P4 - it happens when multiple patches are installed simultaneously like AutoPatcher does.

This bug somehow disappeared after I got my AMD64 :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom