CDMA phone for upto 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Go for Spice C810 which is an open market CDMA phone and can run Reliance, Tata as well as Virgin connections. It has all the regular features like MP3, 1.3 MP Camera, FM,etc along with Bluetooth and a 3.5 mm jack. You can't get a better deal in 6k. Other options are Samsung Max and Samsung mPower 309. Hope that helps.

And I forgot to add that Spice C810 has a huge battery of 2000 mAH so you don't have to charge the phone for few days if not used excessively.

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I checked the net and the only phone that people seem to be recommending is the Nokia 6275 which is too expensive at 9100 bucks...

@sandeepkochhar ..thanks dude...howz the aftersales support of spice? its not some chinese type company, right?

Also got a recommendation for a phone from some company called voice....suggest..

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I just bought Spice C810 few days ago with my frnd sandeepkochhar and must say amazing phone

- great speaker sound from music
- good camera in daylight
- Superb battery backup (2000 mAH battery)
- big display screen

It looks like Nokia N73 ...You have to check from various shops as its demand is too high and production is low ..

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Also you could look for Virgin vkewl (Huawei C5330) handset which have all the features of Spice C810 MINUS Bluetooth. You can get it unlocked and use it with Reliance.It will cost you around ~3.5 k.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
My main concern is the signal strength...the reception that I get here is pathetic ....so basically want a phone that will still work well with the bad signal strength......does the spice 810c do that? also the phone is java enabled ...and is there stuf available for it on the net?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Signal strength is as good as others. Waisse bhi Signal reception is more of a network related issue rather than handset though Handset does play some part. Java thing I am not sure of. You can buzz esumitkumar for more details as he has just bought this phone a week before. Hope that helps.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@sandeepkochar....thanks dude.....

I guess what I want is a mobile that functions well even in areas having low signal strength.....for ex. my LG phone shows no network in some areas ...but the nokia 6275 still functions there, with pretty decent call quality.....

so will the spice 810c allow me to do that? .....and Java as in the ability to put in new games and software from the web...like the divx player etc....does the spice 810c support that ?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
As I am not using the phone myself I am not able to comment on its reception. Though the reviews on net are postive.

I don't think that it supports Java.

Visit

*uttam.info/reviews/spice-c-810/spicec810review.htm

This is the most comprehensive review I found on net

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ im not sure abt java one ..i dont think it supports .
also as sandeep said n/w is much responsible for signal strength than phone ..
I found C810 to be quite good in low signal strength too

One negative is that we cant make playlist so that songs can play continuously

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks guys .....really wanted java .....any idea which is the lowest spice phone that supports java (CDMA phone) ...and what is its cost?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
he he ....guess we are searching on the same sites.....but dude...it seems that you can't send sms using the cdma sim card....this is pathetic...

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
planning for the nokia 6275 .....its a little expensive, but considering the signal quality , battery life and Java customization ...I guess this is the best I can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom