CDMA phone for upto 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
You needed only a Bluetooth phone with good battery backup. Java wasn't your requirement. He wants Java in his phone. There are 2 choices only Spice D88n and Nokia 6275 and obviously 6275 is a better choice. Hope it clears.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
it seems that the nokia 6275 has been discontinued ......the models taking its place are the Samsung Mpower 309 (round 6.5K) and one more from samsung (9.8K)....can't seem to find any info on these phones ....any suggestions as to how samsung phones perform?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Shri. esumitkumarji is right in saying that My experience of Samsung phones (Both GSM and CDMA) is not good except for the screen which is the best in market. But in CDMA phones you have little choice. Check out the specification at *www.samsungcdma.in/ and decide for yourself.

You can try small shops for Nokia 6275 as they may have old stock of 6275 which will be the best choice.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
will try that today....by the way the model being discontinued does not mean that the data cable or spares are not available ....right?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Oh comm'n man it is a mobile not an automobile; you will hardly need any spares. Data cable is available by plenty and if not original then u can always lay your hands on Chinese ones. I have a 5 year old Moto E398 which is discontinued for 3.5 years and still I bought its battery, charger and data cable from Ghaffar Market, New Delhi though they are not available in their own Motorola outlets. Best of luck for your search.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
got the nokia 6275 ....spent the whole of last night downloading stuff onto it.....:D. By the way I recommend that anyone who is using a Reliance india mobile phone should register at the rimweb forums ......they carry a lot of softwares and stuff for phones..

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
got the nokia 6275 ....spent the whole of last night downloading stuff onto it.....:D. By the way I recommend that anyone who is using a Reliance india mobile phone should register at the rimweb forums ......they carry a lot of softwares and stuff for phones..

Congrats on your new purchase..Hoping to get a review from u soon on Nokia 6275..

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
not sure about tata indicom ........I guess its a little late for a review.....nokia seems to have discontinued the model ...but anyway

Plus points
...great signal strength and battery life ..call clarity is great ....the speaker is pretty loud so there's a very low chance of missing a call (not to mention music lyrics).....the screen quality is exquisite .....plenty of applicaitons available for it ....eerything from e book readers to some pretty cool games.....has a 2.5in headphone jack, can plug normal headphones using a convertor ...

the bad points
the processor does seem a little slow and the menus lag a little ....the camera is stricly for day time shots ....reliance has locked the installer so installing jar files is a pain (you'll have to use jar files that run direcly without downloading)...the default music player has no playlist feature ...no option for searching files by name.....comes with a 256MB card only....can store only 90 odd messages ....

currently am hooked to the ebook reader and a game called brain juice ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom