"cdkey in use already" error while re-installing the game

digitaltab

In the zone
There are a no. of games i am about to re-install as i am planning to format my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) on PC.

now at the time of cd-key , it says this error- "cd key already in use ", when i enter my cd key, as i have already registered my games on internet...

so please mention the steps to re-install and to resolve this error, i'll re-install following games after formatting my system:

the games are - ea games origin - mass effect 3, battlefield 3, nfs the run

rockstar games- gta 4, liberty city stories, l.a. noire

ubisoft - assassin's creed revelations

thanks & regards,
Shivam

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1. The games which will use origin & Steam should be fine. Just use same origin or Steam profile :wink:
2. Did you uninstall the game properly? GTA IV? you using same Games for Windows Live profile?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
If you dint uninstall the game properly that might be the cause of the problem.
You should uninstall all games.It should say "Unauthorized successfully".
Call up EA.They should provide a free key for you.Just email they your CD pics with your name

Sujeet

Undead!!!
AFAIK.
Using the Same steam and Origin Profile to install your games wont cause any problems.

For Rockstar Games just use the same GFWL Profile.You should be fine.

Everytime anyone registers a game ,it has to be done using a profile.
So before installing the game and re-activating,just login into your respective online account for steam/origin/GFWL/Ubisoft.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
well first of all, my games are genuine, and i'll re-install them using same profiles on origin, rockstar club, and on ubisoft,

i haven't done anything yet, but i am planning to format my OS and then install the games on it,

one of you just said that call EA (serpent 16's suggestion), they'll provide another free key or something, but dude any one can send them cd pics,

i want to know exactly if there comes any difficulty like i mentioned earlier of wrong cd-key error" , and what are the steps to re- install,

WILL I HAVE TO INFORM TO RESPECTIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORTS BEFORE UNINSTALLING THE GAME????

what if i don't un-install as i am planning to format whole c drive, please clarify....

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^
There is nothing like that.
Go ahead and Uninstall/ Re-install your registered games whenever you like.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
thanks for the info, i'll do it in coming week...

and one thing more, i got a few dlcs with mass effect 3 as i pre-ordered the game, and i bought the ashes dlc,

what about those dlcs????

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
thanks for the info, i'll do it in coming week...

and one thing more, i got a few dlcs with mass effect 3 as i pre-ordered the game, and i bought the ashes dlc,

what about those dlcs????

Ashes DLC is tied to your BSN account you can re-download it anytime
for EA games : write an e-mail to ea customer service(the so-called "e-mail" is on thier site like a form,fill it up and mention your games' cd-key
i did this once for cnc4 i got a replacement cd-key and a 10% origin discount coupon)and while re-installing use the same origin id which u used to register the games the first time
for GTA 4
navigate to start--->rockstar games---->grand theft auto IV--->Revoke liscense(BEFORE uninstalling)

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Ashes DLC is tied to your BSN account you can re-download it anytime
for EA games : write an e-mail to ea customer service(the so-called "e-mail" is on thier site like a form,fill it up and mention your games' cd-key
i did this once for cnc4 i got a replacement cd-key and a 10% origin discount coupon)and while re-installing use the same origin id which u used to register the games the first time
for GTA 4
navigate to start--->rockstar games---->grand theft auto IV--->Revoke liscense(BEFORE uninstalling)

hey thanks dude, for the info!!

i wrote an e-mail, they asked cd-keys, but i didn't give them.
then they told me that no issue, you can re-install via same origin id directly.

Top Bottom