CD Writing Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitra

Right off the assembly line
Is there any difference between writing a video file in slow speed(1x) and high speed (52x)

q3_abhi

Youngling
Slower the speed , more accurately n correctly the data is being written on ur CD.

Even though ur media n writer both may support 52x speed, there are more chances of Burn failure n faulty writes to occur.

Older CD players detect only the low speed written movies.

So movies should always be written at lower speeds.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Adding to the replies of abhi and rajas, while burning a CD,make sure tat all other background activities like (Antivirus scans,firewalls,screensavers,wallpapers etc..) shud be DISABLED coz this hinders the data flow onto the CDs while burning them...

It would be more advisable to sit back and relax and watch the CD burn into the drive..and avoid doin any searching or surfing the net..as afterall ur data is more important to be Burned rather than getting ur mails checked... :wink:

Yup slower speeds of 4X-12X shud be used while burning music files or video content,while higher speeds of 40X and above can be used for text and written data formats in MS WORD.. :)

HAPPY BURNIN.... :wink:

Cheers n e-peace.....

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Even if you do some background things while burning the data flow to the cd will get affected but to solve that problem burn underrun system is in use.

I write all my music cds and Video cds at 52x and the c1 and c2 errors are both match what i get in slower speed like 10 to 12x.

So i feel it should and be problem.

Regards,

expertno.1

Technomancer
Is there any difference between writing a video file in slow speed(1x) and high speed (52x)

Yes there is the difference

While writing at 1x it will take you too much to write but there will be 99.99 % chance that the data will be successfully written

Moreover ,
the new technologies and the cd writers are now provided with buffers eihter of 2mb or 8 mb

so even at wrting at 52x there will be no problem

if ur writer is old then its better to use it at less than the max

such as if ur writers max is 48x then use it at 32x

this will mark the data on the disk more acurately

but as you know that time is precious
better to write at high speeds with

"buffer underrun protection"

as Nero and new writers no longer show any fault in writing at 52 x then u can write at 52x

I think ur doubts are clear
in summary ,
1x makes more stability but very less speed
52c makes less stability but extreme speeds

so i suggest you to go for a medium write i.e 32x

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom