1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

CD Writer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by h_kunte, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h_kunte

h_kunte New Member

Hello all...

I have a pretty queer problem with my CD writer....

Whenever I insert a blank CD for writing it doesnt get detected at all....That is, the CD on inserting doesnt start rotating by itself...On vieving the properties of the CD drive, I see the details as "Total: 0 bytes; Used: 0 bytes" Also, writing the CD fails...

On inserting a half-blank CD (multisession) its gets detected without any issues & I am able to write too without any problems...

My config is AMD 3200+, MSI RS 480, 1 GB RAM, Win XP SP 2 with all updates intact...Nero 7

Cud anyone please tell me why I am having such a problem? Looking for answers...
    TiA

HK

2. phatratt

phatratt New Member

u did'nt mention which writer u have.try lens cleaning and see if u have made changes in nero(options).

3. nach p

nach p New Member

I think it must be a lense problem of your CD R/W.Some kind of same problem I was facing in past.Contact your hardware vendor .Is it in warranty period ?

4. Gunner

Gunner New Member

What make is your CD writer ? And like all others have said, this kind of situation occurs when there is a lens problem. Or if your CD RW is jacked up, then you have to go for a new one mate ! But there's one thing need ot be asked...
    You said writing a new CD fails. How many times did you try this ? If more than once, then did you try different brands of CDs ? Did you also try filling up an empty rewritable ? Try these things and give the results if possible, it'll be helpful in diagnosing your problems. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.