CD-rw doesnt reads CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have a imation CD-RW 52x32x52........recently i have got a problem with it......it fails to read my previously burnt cds. :cry: ..... but it reads original cd :x ......i have also updated the firmware....but the problem persist :cry:

Infact i do not remember if it has started after i updated the firm ware...so can any body tell how can i roll back tp prev version of firmware?

Also recently ithas started to giv me problem with burning my cds......so please do help...buying a new one(DVD-rw) is not poss in near future... help me out with my problems till i get new one

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
used it

i have already used the lense cleaner, but it has not helped to improve the conditionand solev the problems :cry:

q3_abhi

Youngling
Lens must have weakened.

Try it on friends PC n c if problem persists.

Or straight way get a new one , no use of repairing it.

cyrux

In the zone
It seems that optical drives being manafactured these days are not of the same quality of those in prev. days. I have been hearing so many cases of optical drives dying in a year or two ... Bad bad bad

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
hey cyrus well spotted
Even i feel the same..
Previous optical drives were too good evne im using the creative one for abt 5.7 years..
BUt the samsung one 2.3 years old is abt to die...
Some Cds it reads some r not.
But the creative one works good yet

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Yeah all agreed abt the lens being weaker now than before :twisted: ....But will any one help me out with my problem.........atleats suggest something which i can try out......and please do not tell to buy new drive as i know thats my last option and a 100% solution :lol: :wink:

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Come on guys(n gals) need ur help else i will not be able to burn my project cds? :(

Third Eye

gooby pls
hi

erase ur burned cd(back up first) and burn them at low speed(4x).i also got this type of prob.this wll help u.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: hi

tech_mastermind said:
erase ur burned cd(back up first) and burn them at low speed(4x).i also got this type of prob.this wll help u.

have u firstly understood the problem i am facing :roll:

I guess ur totally mistaken.......by previously i meant when the Cd rom was good and read those burnt cds but now doesnt reads.......i haev checked them on my friends pc and it runs smoothly over there :cry:

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Does any1 has solution for this problem :?: :roll:

Has no one faced such a problem before :?: :roll:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
brothere sorry to tell that ur lens is damaged.
now if u don't want to buy a new one,open the drive cleans the leans with a liquid based cleaner for a intrim relief.also not sure that is will work.if yes there will be severe loss in perfomance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom