CD Drive Tray doesnt come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
When i press the button to open the tray to put a CD it doesnt come out.
I hav to take a screwdriver and put it at some place frm where pressure can be put to open it up.
Some times just giving two three slaps opens it.

Sometimes it opens at its own.

Wat is the problem?

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Happens with most of the CD-ROMs.

First solution:

Open CD-ROM carefully & clean it. (Will only work for some days)

Second solution:

Always keep a CD in ur CD-ROM. (Will work till ur CD-ROM dies) :D

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
If i will keep a cd in cdrom then whenever i start my PC it will take time to detect wether cd is bootable or not.
AT startup it will start the cd once.
It wud b revolving in cdrom most of the time, making the lens more weak.

n2casey

Well I have some solution for that also.

• Take a fully transparent CD (found in 10/100.. CD Packs).
  • Take a scratched/waste CD & put it opposite i.e. upside down. Is that necessary to put the CD in a way that marking/printing remains upside??? :D :D

n2casey

Manshahia said:
cudnt get the point. SOrry .
Plz elaborate more.

Well, I was saying that use any one option from these.

• A fully transparent CD means CD which haven't any media writing material on it.
  • Take an old Digit CD & put in CD-ROM having its printed side (where Digit logo & contents r printed) down, so that CD-ROM doesn't read it.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
For a temporary solution use a long pin (a safety pin or a needle will do), and put it in the tiny hole You see below the drive tray. Push the pin inside and you will feel something obstructing. Push a little more and the drive will open.

Some dust has accumulated on the drive mechanism. If you can then open up the drive and apply some vaseline to the moving parts.

What's your drive model and how old is it?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Ok, LG and Samsung drives are prone to problems and in most of the cases its the tray that causes the problem.

Did you try the methods I suggested ?

n2casey

Using a pin everytime is not good coz it damage CD tray lock (it's just made of hard plastic & pin can damage it). The pin hole is provided for emergency only. That's why I didn't suggest u this method.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
n2casey said:
Using a pin everytime is not good coz it damage CD tray lock (it's just made of hard plastic & pin can damage it). The pin hole is provided for emergency only. That's why I didn't suggest u this method.

I knew that is for emergency cases only. I just informed him that its possible.
Opening up the drive and a careful oiling will solve most of his problem.:)

T

titun

n2casey's solution is the best one.
My SONY DVD-ROM drive behaves exactly the same way. I always keep a unused CD in it. It really comes out at once everytime.

And if u disable boot from CD drive, it will not search for bootable CD while booting , as simple as that. And by the way why will revlove all the time when you are not going to read from it ?? Mine doesn't.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Manshahia said:
When i press the button to open the tray to put a CD it doesnt come out.
I hav to take a screwdriver and put it at some place frm where pressure can be put to open it up.
Some times just giving two three slaps opens it.
Here is a possible solution for your cdrom...

Open your cdrom tray and look inside carefully. You will see a rubber belt. Just change this rubber belt with a new one. That will solve your problem...

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
In my case the rubber belt was OK, the problem was with the disc to which the rubber band was tied. Due to all that opening and closing, it had worn out and got jammed and tight. Just get it serviced (If you have some skill you could do it yourself, cause I did it). A little bit of oiling or replacement of the disc (to which the rubberband is tied) will definately solve the problem. Most of these problems arise with Samsung and LG, not with BenQ and Sony :D.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
yes subratabera is right or second things r gears change it if not working properly go to the any TV repair and give it to him

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
ApoorvKhatreja said:
..... A little bit of oiling or replacement of the disc (to which the rubberband is tied) will definately solve the problem. Most of these problems arise with Samsung and LG, not with BenQ and Sony :D.

Yah, exactly. That's what I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom