Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
Which CAT institute would be the best to tak up in terms of correspondence course and in terms of classroom coaching...?

Does it matter which city u tak up classroom coaching decides u perform better among your peers?

Also welcome some e-material for the preparation of the same..
I need the CAT 2007 question paper alone. .( don suggest google it throws up only papers with solution..!! )

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
From what I've heard TIME is the best for classroom teaching, unless you're in North India where CL has good teachers. But, in the end there's not much difference between CL, IMS and TIME, it's upon you.

From what I've heard TIME is the best for classroom teaching, unless you're in North India where CL has good teachers. But, in the end there's not much difference between CL, IMS and TIME, it's upon you.
TIME isn't that good. Their classroom teaching is OK, but other things like student support are bad.

Brilliant Tutorials and FIITJEE are the best in India.

If you have a franchise near your place of stay, try to get BASE. They have some of the most experienced and understanding teachers I have ever seen.(I study there)

Dipen01

Youngling
It actually depends from City to City..

Say in Pune "Time" has the best classroom teaching ( I am a current student, so i can vouch for that) but CF i.e Career Forum has the best material.. My room-mate is at CF and his material is with me whole day and believe me, its too good to miss..

Well ofcourse if you are already sharp and you just want to hone your skills then you can refer TIME material but for strengthening basics, CF aces..

I have also seens IMS material and its okie at best..

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Thing is rite now i stay in mysore.. But weekend class in B'lore would be fine with me..
So which of the abov would be better in Blore. May be i can shift ot b'lore for this purpose

Also am quite ok with the basics, I would rather emphazise on the material with question bank and solutions than classroom session which start from the very scratch... FYI, Am targetting at CAT 2009..

I would also be fine with just working around with study material and taking up a series of All India Mock test, which actually according should be the best and give me the exact simulation.. Which institute stand out in the Mock test by providing the exact picture and where I stand among the lot?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you're targetting CAT 2009, then start in 2009. You don't need more than 3-4 months really to prepare for CAT. Dragging it for too long rather causes pre-mature boredom by the time you reach CAT. And yes, tests are the best preparatory material iMO, too.

Dipen01

Youngling
^^^
Nah mehul, i think its the best option for him to start now and even though his basics are strong, He can make it perfect as most of the marks are lost there as we dont manage to find the easy Qs to solve..

I'd suggest you to get your hands on Career Forum Material and Joing Classroom Coaching Next Year... Or you can do vice versa..

Join TIME this yr and if you dont like the material get IMS/CF material next year.. But its a good thing that you have time...

Especially to sharpen your VA

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Brilliant and FIITJEE are not into CAT i suppose.... at least not till 2006..!
Time has been into it since 1992.......

Time classes seem to be good ... in Bangalore. that hardly matter

dude you study at home, then only you can make it... no need of any classes.. get the material to read and practise it..

take the All India Mock CATs to know your standing....

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Thnx Guys for your reply...

Yeah I shall tak up and begin with the course material and would be attend the class room session just to brush up whenever necessary.. As I have time for tht..

But still my question of which institute provides the best exposure in terms of the All India Mock test Series to put me where I stand among the whole lot is not answered

I recently took up the SimCat by IMS and my overall percentile ranking was 95.9 with sectional percentile of Verbal / QA / DI as 96, 87, 92 in that order. Though i did take up the test with zero preparation and without any knowledge of the pattern or format or the standard of the CAT ( i did this deliberately to get a first hand feel of CAT to know where i stand )

Now how far is this reliable as its by IMS? Can I rely on this and pace my preparation accordingly or these are just pointers(read numbers) and should not read more than wat is necessary..

Pls guide me... thnx again

fireup

Right off the assembly line
CAT 2009 is becoming online....so this year will become exceedingly tough and for a country like India the competition in various entrance examinations is very tough. For example more than 3 lakh students are expected to appear for CAT 2009. Recently a young IIM alumnus and a Professor at reputed St.Xavier’s College Kolkata, Vineet Patawari has come up with an online coaching portal for CAT in the name of www.fireup.co.in. The timing of the launch of such a portal is most appropriate as CAT is going online from 2009

After going through the website and comparing it with various other in the same domain I realized e-learning, specially for competitive examinations is more efficient learning tool as compared to the classroom tutorials in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom