Cassette -> mp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i've converted tons of my dad's casettes to mp3s. i use casettet player connected to line in

Jet Audio to record, Wave Pad to split into songs (bec. jet records entire side as one file)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sghosh15 said:
Hi guys,
Once again I have come with a problem. When I have
old p3 comp, with frontech pci soundcard, I used to
record cassette songs to mp3 using my sony walkman
connecting it with line in jack using a stereo
cable.
Now I have pentium D 2.66 with D101ggc mobo, 5.1
creative inspire, with win xp sp2. There is a
auxilary male jack in the remote of the woofer. I
have connected the walkman in this jack with the
cable.
I can hear the sound at the woofer. But
whenever I have recored the the sound, the output
file is blank, nothing is recorded. Even though I
have selected audio input from the volume icon of
the taskbar. I have used mmjb, cooledit pro,
goldwave, even win sound recorder, but prob
persists.
Infact I have connected my walkman directly to line
in jack. This time I cannot hear sound at the
woofer.Pls help me...

Pl elaborate.
You have to connect the signal to the Line in of the sound card for recording.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Infact I have connected my walkman directly to line
in jack. This time I cannot hear sound at the
woofer.Pls help me...
As metioned by Janitha you'll have to connect the walkman to the line-in of the soundcard(and not the woofer).If you can't hear what you're recording, make sure the line-in control in the 'Playback Controls' of the mixer(double click the speaker icon) is not muted or set low.

sghosh15

Broken In
Well I have recorded many cassettes into mp3 earlier using my old comp. Yes I connect my walkman with line in jack of sound card. But in my new comp when I connect my walkman with the line in jack I cannot hear any sound at my speaker. I have also connected the walkman with the mic in. But nothing happned. I have changed the line in volume, but still I cannot hear the sound.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
maybe you have a faulty jack (computer or wire), or the volume on walkman is set low

sghosh15

Broken In
Actually what happened as because I have a 5.1 woofer, in my Mixer it was selected 6 ch speaker, because my front and center speaker is connected with line in and mic in jack. When I m connecting my walkman with line in jack I am disconnecting both the front and centre speaker, now it becomes a 2.1 speaker. But my mixer selected as 5.1 speaker. Thats why I cannot hear the sound. Now I have selected 2.1 spekar at the mixer. Now it was fine. I have recorded the songs and the quality was also good.

I was recorded so many cass like this way, but then I have only a 2.1 speaker. So never faced such problem before. I was worried that what happed to my sound card. Now I m relaxed.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom