Cassette -> mp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anindya

In the zone
Friends i am planning to transfer songs from cassettes to mp3 or acd. Can anyone plz tell me what is the procedure to do it and what r the softwares required? Thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Friends i am planning to transfer songs from cassettes to mp3 or acd. Can anyone plz tell me what is the procedure to do it and what r the softwares required? Thanks.

i cant suggest one Pro setup up though :lol: but I have done it with home made solution...

Pillips Walk Man (Cassate Player)
One 2 way Cord (Availavle in Chandi)
Nero Wave Editor
Upto Date Sound Drivers in System
Windows XP

Well the Idea is, 2way cord will come from Walk Man, Headphone out and will go in to ur computers Line in Port !!!!

Now in Wave Editor, Start Recording recording source will be line in instade of Mic in !!!!

Thats it, play the Cassate in walk man, and hit the record button in Nero Wave Editor...

:)

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Choto Cheeta said:
Well the Idea is, 2way cord will come from Walk Man, Headphone out and will go in to ur computers Line in Port !!!!
:)

Why not Mic In?
Is there difference between MIC IN & LINE IN ? What further does LINE IN support?

slugger

Banned
heres a FREEWARE solution 2 do d same

ADC Sound Recorder 3.4

u got to connect d cassete player thru d line-in of ur soundcard

u cud also try usin MusicMatch Jukebox
tho it has bcome Yahoo! music Jukebox dunno if d latest version duz dat or not, but musicmatch jukebox duz it. dat i no 4 sure

emailaatif786 said:
Why not Mic In?
Is there difference between MIC IN & LINE IN ? What further does LINE IN support?

u shud b able 2 record stuff from mic-in also but only real-life sound, musicmatchjukebox allows such recordin
thru line-in u d sound travels as electrical signals

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You can also use Audacity.
Just do exactly same as said by choto cheeta.
You will get the stereo to stereo cord for about Rs.50.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
I remember doing this 2 years back with cool edit pro...If am nt mistaken, a tutorial regarding this ws published in digit magazine... as choto said a two way cable is just what you need and the s/w records the track using line in port !! Easy and interesting.. !!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I had used Music Match Juke Box years back to convert many of my cassettes to CD and the quality was good. If I remember correct, it was a free SW then.

Output from cassette player should be connected to line-in only because it is amplified signal. Mic-in is to receive non amplified signal from a microphone.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Yeah,I'd second MM Juke Box.It had (the old ver atleast) some level setting option which you'd use to optimise the walkman's and line-in's volumes for the best recording level without clipping.

hailgautam

Youngling
I would recommended the use of Mp3MyMp3 to convert Cassets to mp3. It will directly encode the file to mp3 and is a free ware.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I always wanted to do this but every prog I use it doesn't sound 'great' (obviously) is there software editing tools that can clean up backround fuzz?

san85

Broken In
the best software avlb in market is ''acostica spin it again'' it will help u converting audio cassete to mp3 with zero efforts as it detects the start and end of the track automatically, u need not do it manually:)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Liggy said:
I always wanted to do this but every prog I use it doesn't sound 'great' (obviously) is there software editing tools that can clean up backround fuzz?
You can use Goldwave Digital Audio editor for recording and removing tape hiss from the tracks recorded in wave format without affecting music.
*www.goldwave.com/
It is one hell of a lot program with lots of nice facilities to tweak your recording.The trial version has a limited number of commands but even if you exceed, you can save your project , close the program, restart, reload and continue. I used the program for years to convert all my cassettes to MP3s and at the end of it I was so pleased that I bought it to say “thank you”. You can record the tracks in wave format first, select a period of silence in-between the tracks where only tape hiss is present, copy it to the clipboard (this is called clipboard noise print) hit on the noisereduction tab, select the clipboard print preset and execute.Using the noise print the program eliminates tape hiss, wow and flutter without affecting the music.( power of digital processing).You can play around with various other features to enhance the music.You can then convert the wave tracks into mp3 using the same program or some other program like Razor lame with which you can tweak the mp3 encoder settings to end up in a professional sounding mp3s. My friends could never believe that these mp3s were sourced from cassettes.Of course there is a little bit of learning curve but you will enjoy trying your hand on it and once you are familiar there will be no going back. Try it and Good luck.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Thanks Ponmayilal for the software and the smal tut on how to do it, saves me the time with trying to fiddle with the program when I know what I am looking for. Once again Thank you kind Sir!

sghosh15

Broken In
Hi guys,
Once again I have come with a problem. When I have
old p3 comp, with frontech pci soundcard, I used to
record cassette songs to mp3 using my sony walkman
connecting it with line in jack using a stereo
cable.
Now I have pentium D 2.66 with D101ggc mobo, 5.1
creative inspire, with win xp sp2. There is a
auxilary male jack in the remote of the woofer. I
have connected the walkman in this jack with the