career ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well one of my fenz was trying for iit and un-fortunately faild to make the cut now he is waiting for the cet results he wants to pursue computer science in india .... could u guys list some courses and colleges in india and also if possible the admission procedure

thanx

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...Why only engineering? Tell him to do what he is good at. If he is good in Maths that why not do Hons. In maths insted.

He can try in manipal (cos with CET I m assuming he is in maharashtra) or Pune, there are several engineering colleges.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
he wants to do CS ... i dunno he as it is wasted 4 yrs for attempting iit so hes determined to do something technical lets c his mother wants to know what options he has ....

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
iMav said:
well one of my fenz was trying for iit and un-fortunately faild to make the cut now he is waiting for the cet results he wants to pursue computer science in india .... could u guys list some courses and colleges in india and also if possible the admission procedure

thanx
And , what the heck is he dreamin of Computer Science in IIT .

Seriously i think ppl should not think of CS in IIT , coz they waste 2 years of their lives locked in a room , n then they try to do CS when they good ranks Whereas their foreign counterparts r miles ahead of them in CS by the time their enter college :cool:

Don't agree with me , just take a Look at AP in Computer Science AB , course , students in US studyin CS do this course n when they r in Univ they r ready for much more hardcore Computer Science .

I myself am preparin for AP in Computer Science AB(the only one in the whole city :D ) n i will give my AP exam in May 08 .

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok can some 1 help me with some options of colleges and courses in bachelors

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Imav, your friend has wasted 4 years for IIT? Now even if he studies CS engg. getting a job will be a problem because all companies allows a maximum of 2 years between +2 and engineering. So chances are high that he may get cut off at the campus drives due to this. Many of my friends are still sitting broken hearted only because of this >2 yeargap problem wasting time for preparing IIT and medicals.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Lucky_star said:
Imav, your friend has wasted 4 years for IIT? Now even if he studies CS engg. getting a job will be a problem because all companies allows a maximum of 2 years between +2 and engineering. So chances are high that he may get cut off at the campus drives due to this. Many of my friends are still sitting broken hearted only because of this >2 yeargap problem wasting time for preparing IIT and medicals.
Yups , me here am trying for UC Berkeley n even if i don't get admission into Berkeley i'm sure i'l get admission into one of the University of California campuses n then i can get transferred to berkeley if i do good , which i'm sure i will once i get Computer Science :D

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^Same here. Trying for any gud uni in the amrika.
I am preparing for SAT second and the last time:D:D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre he wastede 4 years while continuing with his regular 10+2 he has also given his cet

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
cynosure said:
What do they teach in BCA?? Is it comparable to B.Tech in any way:D:D
B.tech is much better option than BCA.Doing B.tech from a general college is better than doing BCA from a deemed university like jamia hamdard.

And doing B.tech after 4 year droping is foolish idea.Suggest hime to do some good computer course from NIIT.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre guys he has not dropped ... he was preparing for iit along with his normal studies

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
iMav said:
arre guys he has not dropped ... he was preparing for iit along with his normal studies
If he prepared for IIT JEE..and cannot make to IIT.Tell him either to try for some deemed university or NITs...or RECs.

He must sud do B.tech/BE if he has prepared for 4 yrs.And I think he likes this profession..thats why he started preparing long before.

I think he must be good for entrance exam..and for some reason he failed...dont worry.Take a chance.
Because life in IIT is beyond imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom