Career in programming

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Because most GUIs are a joke. As long as your fundamentals are all right, you can easily slap some GUI on your app and call it day. Hell, GUI is so simple that you could choose to have anything from a simple JFrame to a simple HTML page as your GUI.

You'd be surprised how complex GUI development can be. The complexity progresses exponentially with the size and scope of your applications.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is there any career benefit for ocp certification?

Any kind of certification will add weight to your resume. Well known certificates more so.

However, the OCP exam are not easy and requires a lot of study and practice.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Java 7 is still very prevalent. Plus many new features were introduced with it (Date API, NIO, etc.) which form the basis for Java 8.

Java 8 however has new features such as Functional Interfaces, Lambda expressions, etc. However Java 8 is still not as common in production environments. However it might gain traction in the future.

Therefore, if you are already employed or are going to be working soon, then its better to do Java 7 and later get a Java 8 upgrade (Those with Java 7 certification can attempt Java 8 exam with a discount AFAIK). If you are looking to work after about 1 year then Java 8 is better since Java 9 is round the corner.

ivcannula

Right off the assembly line
Career is awesome in Programming and Development. If you are fresher then I suggest you, have patience

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Anyone here knows about angularjs. I have been put directly to work on it and i am having hard time learning it. Never thought front end would be hard.

Hi, I learn coding 4 years back. After I am not related to any programming, Now I am interested to learn android, How can I start to go forward ?

Matthew Arnold

Hi Deadman! You have great thinking in start a career in programming.If you opt to pursue a career in computer programming as a freelance contractor, you needn’t lease office space or chain yourself to an etched-in-stone work schedule. More and more in the world is using software so your decision is right.

sampada

The most essential thing that is the very establishment of writing computer programs is Boolean rationale. I'd propose you examine this in a nutshell (no compelling reason to go top to bottom) before you start to take in a programming dialect. Additionally, you ought to attempt to learn calculations and stream diagrams.

argalon

Being a mechanical engineer and ending up doing some crappy job which i absolutely hate i want to shift my path to programming.
Coding is not a joke i know but will 1 year of hard work can get me a job. Atleast i will love what i am doing though i have never code before.

I think one year would be cool if you know somewhat programming and if you are a fast learner. Coding is a vast area to learn and explore. Thought process needs to be very active and strong!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think one year would be cool if you know somewhat programming and if you are a fast learner. Coding is a vast area to learn and explore. Thought process needs to be very active and strong!

Did you see the date of the post that you are replying to?

Top Bottom